Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New Mexico and Louisiana no longer honor each other’s permit/license to carry. Ending years of back and forth with getting answers from either state being almost as hard as finding hens teeth. You can see both states listings below. If you look at New Mexico’s listing you will see that they state a lot of states don’t honor them when they actually do. Leave it to New Mexico to remove in their listing that Alabama, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Minnesota, Montana, South Dakota, Utah and Wisconsin honored the New Mexico Permit. Those states all still honor the NM Permit. New Mexico just won’t list them for their residents to know that.

https://www.dps.nm.gov/reciprocity
Louisiana State Police - Concealed Handgun Permit Unit

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
This is what it was like with drivers license back years ago before respiratory license . Driving is a privilege they say.
Well to Keep and Bear Arms Shall Not Be Infringed is a right. Honor my right or go pound sand.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
This is what it was like with drivers license back years ago before respiratory license . Driving is a privilege they say.
Well to Keep and Bear Arms Shall Not Be Infringed is a right. Honor my right or go pound sand.
Yeah, I feel the same way.

·
Premium Member
5,468 Posts
The USA needs universal reciprocity with LTC/CCW permits.
Good luck getting two members of Congress to agree on that one!

Of course, the Second Amendment is a prohibition on the federal government, not the states. The states retained and never yielded their authority to regulate anything and everything not prohibited by their own constitution.

·
Super Moderator
20,061 Posts
Well, to hell with ‘em! NM has never honored Ga and their state legislature is busy as bees working up new anti-gun legislation.

Only thing N Mexico is good at is bringing New Mexicans into the world:icon_ poke:

·
Super Moderator
20,061 Posts
The USA needs universal reciprocity with LTC/CCW permits.
That ain’t ever gonna happen . . . . We’re doing just fine getting all the independent states passing permitless Carry which gets us around the slower’n Christmas bureaucrats having to do it.

Reactions: 230JHP

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Well, seeing as though I don't ever plan on going to NM, their stupidity will not effect me I guess.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Reactions: daytonaredeye

·
Super Moderator
20,061 Posts

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Good luck getting two members of Congress to agree on that one!

Of course, the Second Amendment is a prohibition on the federal government, not the states. The states retained and never yielded their authority to regulate anything and everything not prohibited by their own constitution.
Not true at all. If it's in the constitution the states must yield. It was given by joining the United states . Ratified and bound by the tenth? Yea, ;
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people..
Federal troops can be sent to get you in school to read all about the Constitution regardless of what your state says about it.. New York city is set to be schooled on the A2 issue by the supreme court of the U.S.this year. You can not Infringe. Well, at lest not after they rule.
Isn't that messed up. You are innocent until proven guilty but have your rights stomped on until upheld.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts