Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Mexico has added South Carolina to the list of states it honors. They are NOT reporting a signed agreement. They have been saying for the last year they wanted signed agreements. Time will tell. You can view the NM DPS and the SC Listing Here: Reciprocity Agreements | New Mexico Department of Public Safety

Kansas will begin honoring all other states permit/licenses starting July 1, 2013. This brings to 16 the number of states that will honor all other states permit/licenses or no permit/license is required to carry. The Governor signed it April 5[SUP]th[/SUP]. http://kslegislature.org/li/b2013_14/measures/documents/sb21_00_0000.pdf

The Utah Governor vetoed a Constitutional Carry Bill. There is talk of an override but from all I read it will be difficult.

As everyone is aware Colorado, Maryland and New York passed very restrictive gun laws. A few other states are talking about more restrictions. Again time will tell but we are not losing ground in most states and are actually gaining.

More states are passing pro gun and pro carry laws. I have been busy trying to keep up with all the changes. Many will not take effect until a legislature has adjourned for a set time period or by a certain date like Kansas and July 1. I want to thank those who have sent me information. It is very much appreciated because without your assistance I couldn’t keep www.handgunlaw.us as up to date as it is. Again Thank You!

It will be July 1 until the Kansas info is added and other changes will be added on a timely basis unless it is of critical importance. My next scheduled update is Friday April 12, 1013.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
This makes traveling to Texas from Iowa convenient. Don't have to slide all the way down MO or go through Arkansas anymore. I can take the faster toll road.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Thank you for all your hard work keeping the site updated with the latest changes across the country. Your site is a tremendous resource!

Reactions: gbusmech

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
coypu76, Since you brought up this site Go to the site you mentioned and then tell the app you have a New Mexico Permit/License and see that it tells you that WY and LA honor the NM Permit.

Then go to
WY DCI at CFP FAQ - Division of Criminal Investigation
and you will see that NM is not honored by WY.
Then go to the LA State Police at Louisiana State Police - Concealed Handgun Permit Unit
You will see they don't honor NM.

Then using the map you mentioned tell it you have a VA Resident permit and it will tell you WI honors it.
Now go to Reciprocity | Wisconsin Department of Justice :: Attorney General J. B. Van Hollen
that is the WI DOJ and they state they will not honor the VA Resident permit only their non resident.
These are not the only errors that could get someone arrested.
I have tired to tell this site in the past they had errors but I never get a reply from them. So check it our yourself.

Edited. This is not something that just happened. LA Has not honored NM for over a year. WY Dropped them 2 months ago and WI stated 16 months ago they would only honor the VA Non Resident Permit.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Thank you for all your hard work keeping the site updated with the latest changes across the country. Your site is a tremendous resource!
Yeah, Thanks....

·
Banned
401 Posts
Howdy,

Arkansas just passed a new law that recognizes all State's CCW permit. It goes into effect in July. We already allow recognize 33 states CCW permit.

Ask your State to do the same thing.

Paul

1 - 7 of 7 Posts