Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently bought my wife a Taurus PT709 slim, and decided to search out a forum relating to her gun and look for a holster that fits the gun. I stumbled upon this site and it looks like a nice one. THAT BEING SAID.

This is going to be my first and only post here, and the last time I visit this forum. I noticed the advertisements on the top of the forum once I completed my registration. The first advertisment that I saw was one for obama and biden. WHAT KIND OF GUN FORUM SUPPORTS THE PEOPLE THAT WANT TO TAKE OUR GUNS AND WAY OF LIFE FROM US?

I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED.

THOMAS

·
Super Moderator
35,575 Posts
Well Hi and Bye.

I've never seen the advertisements that you speak of. The advertising seems to pick up on prior browsing in order to provide target marketing. I'll have to keep an eye out for it. If I've run across it, I've not been aware so maybe they're going for subliminal effect. If so, it's not working. Out of some 25,000 members there's probably only three that I know of who would vote to keep those guys around for another four years of destroying our Republic.

·
Super Moderator
21,439 Posts
I have never seen it either and I say the Mods are on here almost as much as Jake and MPG :) I do know that some advertising is based on your search history so with that said. hello or good by.

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I'm on this forum a couple of hours a day, on the average; and I've never seen such an "ad".

If you choose to follow through with your first and only post, you'll really only be short-changing yourself.

We are blessed to have the friendliest and most knowledgeable handgun folks that one could ever hope to find on a forum such as this.

Also, the TaurusArmed.net staff of Moderators, Super Moderators, and Administrators are really top notch professionals who keep things running in a smooth and orderly fashion, and provide an atmosphere of learning and civility among this ever-growing circle of Taurus enthusiasts.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
I dont know what to say!

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
You must be thinking of somewhere else buddy.....

1.1 USA.gif

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Thomas, I dare say that this forum would be the last place you would see an advertisment for those that you have mentioned. If I were a betting man, which I have been known to do, I would bet that you came here from a portal, such as AOL or the like. I have never seen a banner ad that would even lean that way.
If you must leave us, then good wishes. And good choice on the wife's handgun.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Never seen them, but I don't pay too much attention to the bottom or side adds.

Hopefully you'll give us another try.

Welcome from East Texas to the best gun forum on the internet.

·
Administrator
39,387 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :wave:

I haven't seen that yet, either. But just imagine their thoughts. Supporting a firearms owners site, with their campaign money. I can't see that as money well spent. As usual.

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
Welcome from Lapeer,Michigan and Bye Bye!!!!!:wave::wave:

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Well....Welcome if you want to stay, and you'll really miss out on a great forum with great guys, if you leave..We're not perfect but Close enough!!!

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Daytona Beach, FL

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Hmmm. Could the forum have been hacked? I'm home sick from work today and right after logging in saw a picture of a close up of a scantily bikini-clad woman's tush with a link to fubar . Com. Are they an advertiser here now. Doesn't seem appropriate for this site.

I don't think anyone around here would put up with the previously mentioned Obama-Biden advertisement for very long. Sound like a hack job.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Ok, gee whiz! This forum software, reads your browser history from the current day, as far as I can tell and tailors what you see according to your OWN browsing.

If you do not believe me, for a while I was getting ad's about subjects that I saw going thru my mail and visited the sites that were in my mail.

·
21,932 Posts
Well if a random banner ad keeps you from coming back then see ya later.

You are going to miss out on a wealth of information and great discussions on a variety of subjects.

Including our love for Barrack Hussein Obama.
:icon_ poke:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts