Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all. New to this forum, but proud owner of 3 Taurus products: PT1911 (about a year old), and today added a new PT92 and a 605 revolver in 357mag.

Have enjoyed all the info I've found so far, but still looking for an answer on my question of barrel play on the PT92.

Hope to hear from all soon!

·
22,058 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Griffin Ga.

My first gen pt92 is about 23 years old and has had a little barrel play from the beginning.
Has not hurt anything even acuracy.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome! The play is small but just alittle disconcerting. Haven't shot it yet so I'll find out if it is a problem then. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Hey, welcome from southwestern Virginia...

·
Super Moderator
21,806 Posts
Welcome from TN I'd shoot it a couple hundred times and see what it doing unless its rattleing real bad it should lock up ok.

·
Administrator
40,397 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :wave:

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
vulcrider, welcome to Taurus Armed from VEGAS!

I don't have a PT92 so I cannot speak directly about your barrel play. But keep in mind the parts were machined to allow for expansion of a HOT barrel and still function without binding or galling.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Welcome to TaurusArmed, glad you could join us. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Welcome from MN.
Are you talking when the slide is locked back? Normal.
Do you have a Kaw Vulcan?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thunderjohn said:
Welcome from MN.
Are you talking when the slide is locked back? Normal.
Do you have a Kaw Vulcan?
Play is when the slide is locked forward, no difference with or without a round in the chamber. Play is approximately 1/64" as measured at the muzzle (and yes, the gun was unloaded during the measurement!) I realize it is supported only at the breech end but am curious if it will affect accuracy or longevity.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
vulcrider said:
Play is when the slide is locked forward, no difference with or without a round in the chamber. Play is approximately 1/64" as measured at the muzzle (and yes, the gun was unloaded during the measurement!) I realize it is supported only at the breech end but am curious if it will affect accuracy or longevity.
And yes, I used to have a Vulcan 1500 Classic. Traded it for the best sport touring bike in the world--Yamaha FJR1300A.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Had a 98 1500.
Don't know what to tell you about the play with slide forward.
Never noticed, but as someone said, there has to be a little room for expansion.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Welcome from South Carolina

1 - 20 of 21 Posts