Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I'm new to the forum. I'm a career military officer stationed in Central Oklahoma. Just a little background on me. I grew up on a farm and around guns in Louisiana. I'm a married God (and wife!) fearing man and enjoy hunting, fishing, and camping. I have a whole new crew of younguns runnin' around the house so I don't have as much time as I used to for my hobby. It's all good anyhow! I reload all my own (on Lee equipment) except for 410 bore. I sure wish Lee Precision offered a Load All for 410! Any how, I have a few rifles, shotguns, and several pistols. Some old, some new, some good, some bad. My most precious guns are two the old man left me. He died when I was a young boy, but my brother and I reverently call him the old man. I have his old Remington mod 742 30-06 (the only rifle I've ever killed deer with and missed one or two also!) and the Remington (model 50?) Target master single shot .22 I cut my shootin' teeth on.

When I went into the military in 1986 I got out of fishing, hunting, and pleasure shooting for the most part, but have gotten back into it over the last few years. Boy, did I miss a lot of good times! I enjoy hunting squirrel, deer around the state and now share a 250 acre hunt/fish/camping lease up near Carney, OK. Now, I need to get my father-in-law to take/teach me how to hunt turkey and pheasant. I don't have any real life sayings except that I like to think I can laugh at anyone as long as I can laugh at myself first.

I would like to get into Cowboy Action Shooting (Love the Wild West) but it takes $$ to buy all the required guns so I will have to wait a little longer I guess. I have gotten into Single Action pistols however...I've got a Gaucho .45 SS and a Gaucho .357. I also shoot 12 and 20 guage, 410, .243, .22, .17 HMR, .357/.38, .380, and 45ACP. Well, there's my life story, nice to meet you all. See you around the forum and perhaps at the range or in the woods.

·
Administrator
40,858 Posts
Wow! Quite a resume. You'll fit in around here real good. :thumb:

Welcome from West Texas! :wave:

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
buckhammer, welcome to Taurus Armed from VEGAS!

And, thank you for your service to our Country. :thumb:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Welcome to you from northeastern PA...

Nice resume ya got there... and I am sure you will fit in here real well. Lots of nice people and good information..

ENJOY

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Welcome aboard, glad you could join us. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Welcome from West Virginia buckhammer! You should fit right in with this good group of people. Enjoy the forum.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts