Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just signed up yesterday being that tomorrow I will be a Taurus owner. I am also on THR with the same screen name.

I am picking up a Taurus 605 .357 Saturday. Only thing I wasn't too fond of was the small grips, so they (the gun store) threw in a set of Hogue grips free of charge.

What is a good load for this particular revolver? Though not new to revolvers, this is my first one and I am not sure of the right choice for defensive ammo. I picked up a box of 125 grain Remington Golden Saber .38+P's to see how that works.

Any comments/advice would be more than welcome.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Welcome to the forum, glad you could join us. As per your choice of defensive ammo, it sounds adequate to me. Any of the current crop of premium HPs should work well including those. I'm using Gold Dots at the moment but wouldn't have a problem using Golden Sabres.

·
Premium Member
15,932 Posts
Welcome aboard! I have a Rossi 461 357 6 shot, and I do not like the grips either. But darn it I have to find my Hogue's myself. I have already put them on the compact frame, Judge, and I love them. I got a box of those 125s myself, but not the +P. Have not bought any 357's yet, so I wait for responses to your Questions.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Welcome from Missouri!! Great to have you

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all so much for the warm welcome! It is nice to know that I can come into a group and not get chastized for what I use/buy/carry.

Sunday I will be shooting it with some friends so I should have a range report either Sunday evening or Monday.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts