Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I just wanted to say hello. I currently own a PT92C and have heard they are rare guns..Is this true? Also I was wondering mine has the safety that flips up but doesn't have the decocking "function". I have seen a fully size PT92 that had the area shaved around the grip to allow it to decock but mine doesn't have it. I've also removed the grips while cleaning the gun and it still wouldn't do it.

On a side note. What is the general consensus of using the gun for CCW? I like the Millenium pro 24/7 in 9mm for that purpose...maybe trade mine in for it.

Thanks, and Happy Turkeyday

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving My Friend :)

Welcome From Arizona :wave:

Glad that you are here..look around and have fun :D...

Check out the Gun Shop Section..might be suprised :D

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
Welcome from the sandbar.
Keep the PT92C and get the 24/7, also. You'll be glad you did.
If you really have you mind set on selling it, this would be the place to find interested buyers. Put me on the list.
Once you have 25 posts, (no trash posts) the Classified section will magically appear on the home page.
This is a great site for Taurus related info. Jump in. Enjoy.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Welcome aboard, we're glad to have you with us. :)
Regarding the PT92C and it's desirability, I'm sure there is a segment of gun owners with them in their collection considering it's a variant of the full sized model which is popular with many.

And I agree with drummin_man on keeping your PT92C and adding a MilPro PT-111 to the family for the purpose of CCW. It's dimensionally one of the smallest sub-compacts out there.

http://www.gun-tests.com/issues/15_12/features/5127-1.html

For grips you may want to check these sites:
www.getgrip.com &
http://www.lymanproducts.com/pachmayr/

Best Wishes

·
Banned
23 Posts
When I tried to trade in my PT92C, the local gun shop (who has been in business for decades) said he wouldn't give me much- because the ones he has had on the shelf sat there for years. He said they are not very popular. I wanted to trade in to get a little bigger Taurus model which fit better in my large hand. Looking at the PT917C right now for $409 new.

·
Banned
23 Posts
Re: PT92C grips: GOOD LUCK. I have been looking EVERYWHERE for a spare set of grips for this fine weapon. Hours and hours of online searching- with the only results being a universal "sleeve" (Hogue- I think) which I had to trim to fit. Looks like crap, but does help a little.

If anyone has an extra set, I would be interested. Any type of material would be acceptable.

Thanks, folks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts