Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I just posted in the "Revolvers" section. I have quite a few handguns, and want to acquire a Taurus 689 revolver. The only revolvers I currently own are Rugers: a stainless Super Single Six (.22LR/.22WMR), and a Super Blackhawk (.357/9mm). Both are SA only. I have no DA/SA .357/.38Spcl revolver, but I sure would like one, and the Taurus 689 appeals to me a great deal. I'm anxious to join the Taurus-owning community!

Thanks and best wishes.

·
32,527 Posts
Welcome aboard. Nice to have you here.

Taurus 689s and 669s are fine examples of revolvers.

I would ask you to please use these:If the checklists are followed in what to look for prior to buying one cannot get into trouble.
Revolver Checkout Procedure
Buying a Used Handgun
Buying A Handgun
Shopping for and Inspecting Used Revolvers | The Shooter's Log if and when you make your purchase.

I use to own a 689 in stainless steel. It had a 6 inch barrel and one of the lightest , smooth, and user friendly trigger pulls of any revolver I have ever owned.

That puppy I traded for another Taurus revolver with a shorter barrel due to going to a defensive gun battery system. I do miss the 689.

·
Registered
24,593 Posts
Welcome to TA from Minnesota.

·
Administrator
39,685 Posts
Welcome from West Texas!:hand26:

Reactions: Bobbr3

·
Super Moderator
36,003 Posts
Welcome from Northern Illinois!

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northern Oklahoma.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Greetings.jpg

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
7,034 Posts
Welcome to taurusarmed.net from an Old Soldier in Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest - "Taurus® Spoken Here! Hooaaahhhh!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
35,064 Posts
Welcome. I own 4 Taurus revolvers and they're fantastic, well made, and accurate. I don't own a 689, but I have no doubt it's a quality revolver.

What's a ".357/9mm super blackhawk?" I own a standard new model flat top Blackhawk convertible in .357/9mm. I love it, but it's a rather compact little gun. The super blackhawks are big and all I've seen were big bore .44 magnums. My little convertible is great, accurate and light on the hip. I like shooting 9mm in it. :D 9mm is cheaper than .22 mag, so cheap I don't reload it much anymore, no real reason to. :D

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from North Texas! :wave: We're mighty glad you decided to join "Ye Merrye Crewwe". :thumb:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Welcome from northeastern Pennsylvania!
Cool. Thanks for the welcome. I grew up in NEPA: born in and lived in Scranton when very young, moved to Clarks Summit when entering 4th grade. Lived there for decades, still have family in Wilkes-Barre. Great to hear from someone in my home area!

SORRY! I posted this twice, and can't figure out how to delete a post!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Welcome from northeastern Pennsylvania!
Cool. Thanks for the welcome. I grew up in NEPA: born in and lived in Scranton until family moved to Clarks Summit when I entered 4th grade. Lived and worked there for decades, still have family in Wilkes-Barre. Great to hear from someone in my home area!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Welcome.What's a ".357/9mm super blackhawk?"
Thanks for the welcome. I stand corrected! I just went into my safe and pulled out the gun and original user manual. What I have is a "New Model Blackhawk," and the user manual indicates that the "Super" version is, indeed, .44 Magnum. I got thrown off because the manual's cover lists both models. Mine is the .357/9mm convertible model with the "New Model" transfer bar action. My father bought it at least 40-45 years ago. I'd bet it hasn't had 100 rounds through it in its lifetime! I still have the original box, papers, user manual, and even the wax-paper type wrapping in which it came. Ruger Blackhawk Documents0001.jpg Ruger Blackhawk Documents0002.jpg

Attachments

Reactions: loudviking and bigC
1 - 20 of 29 Posts