Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Last week, I purchased a Mil Pro pt-111 (3rd) and have since put 150 rounds through it (I had 4 FTFs but I'm not sure if I hadn't released the trigger fully after the shot prior, so I'm sure it's my fault). I'm quite pleased with it, but not sure what to be on the look out for. I've read and heard a lot of mixed reviews on this firearm...most of the bad ones are older or from small shop owners, most of the good ones have been from LEOs, Instructors, and Larger box Gun shops. I'm pretty confident that i got a good little fire arm, and that it was a good first pistol. I'm already eyeing the pt145pro, but will have to clear the purchase with wife-to-be...wish me luck on that. Anyone out there have any tips for shooting or anything that I should be on the look out as far as wear and tear for responsible upkeep?

Administrator
Welcome from West Texas! :wave:

Don't worry about the pistol. Just use it and enjoy. Deal with problems only if they occur. Good luck with gettin' permission from the wife on the PT145. I too have a PT111 (but 2nd gen) and a PT145 Pro.

Not a lot to look our for, just keep it clean. Oh yeah, be safe! :thumb:

Registered
^^^^
What SW said.

Welcome from Minnesota!
Did you give it a good cleaning before you shot it?

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
I did clean and oil it, but I think I messed up when I was oiling it (I think I oiled something I shouldn't have). I've hit it with some aerosol guncleaner and re-oiled, but carefully, and not near as much. Since then I haven't been able to recreate the problem while dry-firing (I was able to prior to cleaning which set off the aha light).

Welcome to the forum from Griffin Ga.

Enjoy your new gun.

Clean regularly and polish the feed ramp as well.

Registered
Welcome aboard, glad you could join us. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Super Moderator
welcome from Nashville i've got a 24/7proC DS in 45 that I love and a PT1911 thats my baby.
There is so much to learn and guess what its all here just ask or search or yell help and we'll be there, I need that darn Batman signal LOL

Registered
Welcome to the forum, from Florida

Registered
Welcome from Knoxville. Still pretty new here, but the fols here are great. Enjoy!

Registered
Welcome to the forum. Great place and even better folks.

Registered
A big welcome from Tulsa Oklahoma! ;)

Registered
WELCOME from Southwest Missouri!

Registered
Welcome Aboard I too have a PT111 pro 1,600 rds through it with no failures to this day geat lil gun.

Registered
Welcome to Taurus Armed from VEGAS, FiddleDog!

Registered
Discussion Starter #19
Excellent. The welcome is appreciated. It makes it easier as a 1st timer to feel like I have a resource on a product that I've got a great deal to learn about.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a comfortable belt or paddle holster for this PT-111 me/pro? I got a Bulldog snap holster, but it's really unbalanced and feals like it wants to flip forward off of my waistline.

Also, can anyone point me at any good resources for shootings techniques, stances, and or tips?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts