Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I live in Switzerland near the Jura mountains and the french speaking part of our country. I am dog handler for explosives and money, but also work in my free time as a journalist for sports, film & music and in my freetime I like drinking a good wine, smoking a pipe and enjoying the garden and our dog Artus. I love watching films in my home cinema and listening to a lot of music, I also paint and yes, I like shooting. I have a Walther PPX Para, a Walther PPK (german made), an Astra .380 Auto and just for a short time now my first Taurus, the 85S, which I will use as my back up weapon, replacing my old and trusty Walther PPK.

So I'm fairly new in the Taurus family and I hope it will be some fun here.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Welcome to the forum. This is good forum with good folks.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Daytime Architecture Sky Reflection Cloud
Welcome from St. Louis, Missouri!!!

·
Administrator
40,573 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :hand26:

·
Super Moderator
38,004 Posts
Welcome from Northern Illinois! I admire the Swiss pragmatic approach to firearm ownership, as well as in other respects!

·
23,203 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I've been through Switzerland once or twice. Beautiful country!

We have a dog of a breed that originated in Switzerland, and we're about to get another.

Dog Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae

Just a fantastic breed. Anyway, welcome aboard!

Text Font Yellow Green Orange

·
Registered
7,211 Posts
Welcome to TaurusArmed.net from Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest!

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Welcome from East Texas. I've traveled through your country, it's beautiful, but I never lingered and looked.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Welcome to our forum!! You will find it very friendly and interesting here for all makes of guns. A friend just told me the other day he is headed your way to visit his sister. We got to discussing the gun laws there but we don't really know. Are they strict there? Can you conceal carry?

Anyway, Welcome!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi guys, thanks a lot for your warm and friendly welcome!!!

@GhostHorse: yeah, we do have some quite "typically" Swiss dog breeds over here, one of the more unusual ones is the White Swiss Shepherd (berger blanc Suisse), my Taika was a white shepherd, she died just 4 weeks ago. It was very tough and still is. Will take some time.

Welcome to our forum!! You will find it very friendly and interesting here for all makes of guns. A friend just told me the other day he is headed your way to visit his sister. We got to discussing the gun laws there but we don't really know. Are they strict there? Can you conceal carry?
Yes, our weapon's laws have become quite strict. We are not allowed to conceal carry at any times and contrary to believes, yes, we are allowed to keep our Army weapons at home, but they may not be transported loaded and mags have to be empty too on the way to and from army service. Usually during time of duty, army weapons are stored at the barracks. When I did my service, we did bring our weapon at home every weekend, but that's 30 years ago. Now if you want to drive to your shooting range, you're not allowed to stop for a coffee or shopping. guns have to be separated from the ammo and they have to be transported in secured boxes.

If you want to buy a weapon you have to apply for a Criminal records Bureau check (which takes about 1 week) and then you have to fill in for a gun licence at the police station. That will take another 2 - 3 weeks. you have to do this for every single gun (execept .22 and some of the hunting rifles). With these papers, and only with these, you can then go and buy your weapon.

Now with ammo it's about the same: You have to have a new Criminal Records Bureau check if yours is expired (after 3 months) or you can use your gun licence - but this may not be older than 2 years!

To apply for a carry permit you have to be in the security business (bodyguard, armoured money transport, security agent) or on police duty.

You see, a lot has changed. 20 years ago you could carry your gun in some of our states.

·
Registered
8,870 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northern Oklahoma.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Welcome from Georgia (USA)

A great group of members here
but watch out for the weird American humor

;)

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Hi all, I live in Switzerland near the Jura mountains and the french speaking part of our country. I am dog handler for explosives and money, but also work in my free time as a journalist for sports, film & music and in my freetime I like drinking a good wine, smoking a pipe and enjoying the garden and our dog Artus. I love watching films in my home cinema and listening to a lot of music, I also paint and yes, I like shooting. I have a Walther PPX Para, a Walther PPK (german made), an Astra .380 Auto and just for a short time now my first Taurus, the 85S, which I will use as my back up weapon, replacing my old and trusty Walther PPK.

So I'm fairly new in the Taurus family and I hope it will be some fun here.
COOL! I love it when people from other countries join the forum....let's us "over here", pick your brains to see what gun laws are like in other countries. Hello and welcome from Indiana, USA! ;)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts