Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

I'm not an actual Taurus owner yet but was thinking about trading up my Glock 43x for the G2c. Some people would consider that a downgrade, but since I have a kid I think the safety would be better with it.

One disappointing thing to share, I contacted Taurus asking what finish they use on the slide and for wear resistance and they refused to tell me...most companies are public about it. Surprising.

Daniel Kavic
Oct 24, 11:59 AM EDT
Chat started: 2019-10-24 03:50 PM UTC
(03:50:31 PM) Daniel Kavic: Hi, I was wondering what kind of finish Taurus uses on the slides or to make the guns more wear resistant? I know Glock uses the nDLC and Walther uses Tennifer, Sig uses Nitron etc.. Can't seem to find what Taurus uses. Thanks
(03:50:32 PM) *** Veronica joined the chat ***
(03:50:39 PM) Veronica: Thank you for contacting Customer Care. My name is Veronica. I will be assisting you today!
(03:50:44 PM) Veronica: Hi, Daniel.
(03:51:23 PM) Daniel Kavic: hi
(03:51:24 PM) Veronica: Let me see if I can get that information for you.
(03:51:27 PM) Daniel Kavic: ok thanks
(03:56:46 PM) Veronica: I apologize, that information is proprietary.
(03:57:36 PM) Daniel Kavic: that's disappointing considering most manufacturer's share that information publically, but I appreciate your time. Not your fault
(03:57:37 PM) Daniel Kavic: thank you

Daniel Kavic
Oct 24, 11:59 AM EDT
Chat started: 2019-10-24 03:50 PM UTC
(03:50:31 PM) Daniel K: Hi, I was wondering what kind of finish Taurus uses on the slides or to make the guns more wear resistant? I know Glock uses the nDLC and Walther uses Tennifer, Sig uses Nitron etc.. Can't seem to find what Taurus uses. Thanks
(03:50:32 PM) *** Veronica joined the chat ***
(03:50:39 PM) Veronica: Thank you for contacting Customer Care. My name is Veronica. I will be assisting you today!
(03:50:44 PM) Veronica: Hi, Daniel.
(03:51:23 PM) Daniel K: hi
(03:51:24 PM) Veronica: Let me see if I can get that information for you.
(03:51:27 PM) Daniel K: ok thanks
(03:56:46 PM) Veronica: I apologize, that information is proprietary.
(03:57:36 PM) Daniel K: that's disappointing considering most manufacturer's share that information publically, but I appreciate your time. Not your fault
(03:57:37 PM) Daniel K: thank you

·
Registered
18,468 Posts
:smile: Hi and welcome aboard from nw PA! :hello:

·
Administrator
39,352 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :hand26:

·
Registered
24,496 Posts
Welcome to TA from Minnesota

·
Registered
7,439 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northern Oklahoma.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Welcome to the forum. And if they did not answer your question, it probably means that don't know the answer, and they dodged it.
The people that man some of those chat functions, must be paid $8 an hour, and they are walk ins. They answered an ad, for a job, at least that is what I think.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks guys, well we know that the G3 has a tennifer coating which is good news. At least on that gun they're using a finish that can compete with Walther, Glock, etc.If it wasn't for another forum member posting a pic of the owner's manual...we wouldn't know.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Welcome from northeastern Pennsylvania!

I have a G2 and enjoy it very much. Best of luck, and welcome aboard!

·
Registered
29,842 Posts
Welcome aboard from the "GunShine"state of Florida.

State of over 1 MILLION 971 THOUSAND Concealed Carry Licenses and counting!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts