Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
All nice and greasy with the factory junk. About to start cleaning it up and hope to go to the range tomorrow. I'll try and get some better pictures soon, I'm having some internet issues at the moment and can only use my phone...

Attachments

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,243 Posts
Congrats on the new slider :thumb:

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just gave it a good manual wipe down with break free and oiled it. Aside from the grease on the out side of the slide, it's not too bad. Cleaned inside the bore as well.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Alllriiiiight! Keep us posted on first range trip! Us 800-lovers are with you, brother!

Reactions: TexasJohnBoy

·
Super Moderator
40,638 Posts
Congrats, gotta love the brown gunk.

·
22,975 Posts
DSC01186.JPG If the 709 is the slim, is the the 809 the regular fit?

·
Registered
24,853 Posts
Congrats on your new slide gun.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
View attachment 105402 If the 709 is the slim, is the the 809 the regular fit?
The 809 is giant compared to the slim. I wanted a full size, double stack, hammer fired pistol along with the 709. I also wanted a pistol that you could actually get magazines for, which I still need to order two our three extras. When I get my chl the 709 will definitely be my carry piece.

The 709 didn't have nearly as much packing grease as this one...

I really like the slide on the 809. It's almost easier to pull back and rack than the 709. My only gripe is that the slide lock is a bit far away from my thumb and I feel like I have to reach ever so slightly to hit it. I think I will get used to out however and it won't be a deal.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new pistol.

·
Registered
34,139 Posts
Congratulations of your new pistol! I've got the PT845 and really enjoy shooting it. Keep us posted!

Reactions: FreeInAZ

·
Registered
12,088 Posts
1 - 20 of 36 Posts