Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All I have to say is the .44 Tracker 4" blued I have will out shoot or keep up with any gun I ever owed before. I have been out of this for awhile but I have shot and owned about all of them. Even the Ms. that has never shot before until I got her to get her CHL loves it.
I love this site and the info I can get. Any problems with the .44 Tracker I should know about?

·
Registered
539 Posts
I just picked up a blued M44C 2" myself and will be reporting on it in the near future. I posted my first impressions in the 'revolver' section as well as photo in the 'gallery'. I have said elsewhere that my 608SS .357 is one tough hombre and I'm looking forward to breaking in the 44!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Congrats on your .44 Tracker. I have a blued one also. Evertime i get in my gun safe i take it out and admire it. I shoot mostly .44 special type loads in mine. Most loaded to around 800 to 900 fps. I have shot full power loads and i suppose the porting helps ,but its hard to say for sure. The only complaint i have is the porting. It keeps me from being able to shoot shot loads and that is just a personal veiw, nothing at all wrong with the gun. I do know if Taurus would build the same gun without the ports and extend the barrel to the end of the shroud i would buy the first one that i saw. Tom the ratshooter.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Ratshooter said:
I do know if Taurus would build the same gun without the ports and extend the barrel to the end of the shroud i would buy the first one that i saw. Tom the ratshooter.
Not if I get there first! ;D

Congrats on your Tracker texas shooter!

P.S. I believe a range report is in order!

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
I like the idea of the tracker however I went with a m44 over it just because I feel a revolver should at least carry six in the cylinder imho.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You know I use to fell the same, but if you can't stop man or beast with five rounds and the new ammo or bullets they got out now, 1 more ain't gonna help. Try and read up on the Speer Gold Dot low recoil, the 180 gr I have, wouldn't want someone shootin at me with them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts