Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody, I thought I'd show off some pics of my new 24/7. I've had it a few weeks but finally got a chance to fire it on Friday. I put 100 rounds through it without a problem. I started out with 50 of Winchester white box, stripped, cleaned, then 50 of Independence brand rounds. The Indy's seemed to fire smoother and group better. When I got home, I cleaned it well, and got a lot of shavings out...I'm sure this thing will just get smoother as it gets broken in.

My only complaint is the gun is firing consistently low. I was having to aim at the top edge of the black to hit red. When I retrieved the target, the rangemaster told me it was shooting 5 inches low from point of aim at 9yds. He said that Taurus should send me a shorter front sight if I call and give them this information. Is this correct, will they just send me a new sight? I love this gun, but I don't want to get in the habit of aiming high.

Enough rambling, on to the pics:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Nice gun. Welcome from Colorado Springs. Does that gun have the Heine sites? If it does, then the top of the 8 should be on the target.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what do you mean by top of the 8. If I understand right, from what I read on here, you are supposed to cover up your target with the front dot. This is what I was doing and I was still having to aim high.

·
Registered
280 Posts
That's right. The two sites together should make an 8 and the target should be covered by the top dot (front sight).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. That is the way I was aiming, but when I covered the red, I was hitting low. I even let the rangemaster try a few rounds. He hit the red in the same place twice...by aiming at the top edge of the black/white. When I began aiming at the same spot, I was consistent in the middle of the target.

·
Registered
47 Posts
That is a fine looking weapon aint it. I have the same thing in 9mm and mine shoots pretty much right on. I'd give Taurus a call to see what they can do for you.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Welcome from northeast PA...

Nice gun...
and like they said... ya probably need a shorter from sight...

BUT... checking into the manual from Taurus it says:

"Align the rear and front sights carefully. The top of the front sight must be leveled with the top of the rear sight and set in the middle of the rear sight notch. The bullseye should rest on the top of the sights."

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....that sounds like stacking to me....

but that would make you shoot even lower.,.,..

Contact Taurus and get their opinion on this....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 10 of 10 Posts