Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is John and I live in South Dakota. Im the proud new owner of a 24/7 Pro LS in .45. I really like the forum concept, having only found them last year. Im fairly active on a V-Star 1100 forum also, and gained much info for my bike there. Its really cool the way many people can have such a broad knowledge base.
Ive had a few failure to feed issues with my 24/7, all with 230 gr. FMJ. Ive only put about 60 rounds in it, and had about 5 jams. Gun was "gunshop" clean/brand new when last fired, I've since cleaned it but havent had a chance to use it again. With any luck that should be all the trouble it gives me. Anyway, Hi again

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
Welcome to the forum, glad your here, sorry your having feed problems it may be a mag spring , but there are more knowledgeable people than I, so post on the 24/7 section

·
Premium Member
15,932 Posts
Welcome from the KY, Horse Country!!

There are a # of reasons, you could be having the problem. First, I personally would reccommend a complete cleaning. I have heard that improper grip, (limp wristing) can cause the problem at times. Most semi auto's need a high grip so the gun is pushing back, and not flipping so much. Two handed where the weak hand is covering the grip not covered by the strong hand, lining up the thumbs next to each other, and not putting the weak hand trigger finger on the front of the trigger guard.

·
Administrator
39,375 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :wave:

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Welcome from Tulsa Oklahoma!

·
21,932 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Griffin Ga.

Cleaning, polishing the feed ramp and different ammo are just a few troubleshooting tips.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Welcome aboard, glad you could join us. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts