Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Fellow gun enthusiasts!

I'm a fairly new gun owner, but have enjoyed firearms since I was a kid and shot BB guns, pellet guns, and 22's while I was in Scouts. I've shot my best friend's .38 a few times and finally at his and my friend who owns gun shop in Idaho encouragement, I now own a Rock Island Armory 1911 .45ACP in which I traded out all the pins, springs, and grips for Wilson Combat's Bullet Proof™ firing pin, firing pin stop, mag release, etc., a Canik TP9SA in Desert tan, and my most recent purchase was a v-e-r-y lightly used Taurus Model 66 in which I am currently doing a "fluff and buff" job and replacing the trigger and hammer springs. I am waiting for the hand spring that I launched somewhere in my carpeted dining room.

·
Super Moderator
37,264 Posts
Welcome from Northern Illinois! I have had parts go AWOL also, some people do their gunsmithing inside of a large transparent plastic bag for that reason...I've never been that smart. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,456 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northern Oklahoma.

·
Administrator
40,280 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :hand26:

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Greetings.jpg

For a 'fairly new gun owner' you're getting a good start on a collection (MSM would call what you've already got an 'arsenal').

(BTW -- in my day it was the BOY Scouts).

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
29,957 Posts
Welcome aboard from the "GunShine"state of Florida.

State of over 1 MILLION 971 THOUSAND Concealed Carry Licenses and counting!

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Wow, for someone who calls himself a "fairly new gun owner", seems like you're diving right into the deep end.
Welcome aboard, from Las Vegas!
This is a friendly little forum, I think you'll like it.

·
Registered
24,854 Posts
Welcome to TA from Minnesota.

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
Welcome from Florida

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
Welcome to TaurusArmed.net from Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest!

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Welcome from North Central Texas, glad you could join us.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts