Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new Taurus owner. I purchased a PT-840C around the first part of January 2012 and have already had to send it in for repair. They have had my firearm for 6 weeks as of tomorrow. I have called the customer service number several times to check on the status after the four weeks passed. The only explanation they will give me is the part is on order with no estimate of when the repair will be completed. The transfer bar malfunctioned resulting in multiple rounds firing after a single trigger pull. This was a new pistol that was less than 4 weeks old! I had shot approx. 200rds thru it. The email I got from Taurus shows the firearm was received February 2nd. The customer service agent told me they ordered the part on February 8th. The email stated I should have the firearm back within 4 weeks. They have had it for 6 weeks already and I am the one having to call to find out what is going on with the repair. There has been no attempt from Taurus to contact me since the initial response of receiving the firearm for repair. Their customer service agents don't have any answers as to why it's taking so long, just that the part has been ordered and that is all they can tell me! Not very impressed with Taurus at the moment! May be the last firearm I purchase from them! Anyone else having issues like this???
Reading another thread and someone mentioned that Taurus has a new policy of sending you a new replacement firearm if the repair takes longer than 8 weeks....? Anyone else heard about this?

·
Registered
32,153 Posts
bio.jbtfsplk.jpg

Tell them to just install a selector switch on it and you will be happy! ;)

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from Central Iowa

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I have nothing to offer on a possible resolution as I've never had to use taurus cs. I hope everything works out to a positive outcome for you.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Welcome from East Texas to the best gun forum on the internet.

Sorry about your problems, but rest assured they'll make it right.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Hello and welcome from Southeast Tennessee;; Sorry to hear about your problem; Next time you call customer
service ask to speak to Susan and ask if she can help you, She seems to be the most knowledgeable and
helpful;;

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Welcome from East Texas. Maybe you got the secret Taurus model that was a copy of the
just made to look like an 840 :cool:

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
Welcome from Lapeer,Michigan.:wave:

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
The selector switch and a 50 round mag...... Welcome from the Rust Belt USA.....

1.1 USA.gif

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Welcome from Kentucky!

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Welcome from Ohio. I hope everything works out for you.

·
Super Moderator
40,638 Posts
from the Florida Keys! :wave:

Hope they resolve your problems soon.​

·
Registered
29,777 Posts
Welcome from north Texas!

I would keep calling, using the squeaky wheel gets the grease mentality.

In a general sense I can see the part being back ordered. I have been shopping for a few new firearms and I have been told by a few different gun shops they all had a letter form their different distributors saying that the industry missed the ball on demand and there is a supply shortage across manufacturers (at least for some models I have been looking for). I would imagine that with a tight supply of finished firearms, parts shortages would follow. Just my experience here recently.

Good luck with everything.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts