Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I am a Peace Officer in norther CA. I am looking to get an offduty weapon for "always" carry. I like the keltec PF9 and Taurus millenium series. If it was just for me only I would grab a pt145 in a second but I want something that my wife can comfortably shoot too so that brings me back to 9mm.

In my research (ongoing) I stumbled across this site and its very informative. I look forward to getting to know all of you. :D

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
Welcome dot 4x4, glad you joined us, yes there is a wealth of info and great people willing to help,
a PT111 is a great compact 9mm.

·
Premium Member
15,932 Posts
Welcome from the KY, Horse Country!!

There is a great selection of 9mm weapons as you know. Of course, I do not know what is approved for CA. You could go from the new 709 single stack, or PT111, all the way to the 809 which has higher capacity. Of course the 24/7 has several models, compact, Pro, OSS, Long Slide. So you choices are massive.

·
Administrator
39,375 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :wave:

PT111 would be a great choice. It's one the wife can handle as well. The Pf9 is more concealable and it is accurate, but not much fun at the range. Recoil gets a bit uncomfortable for extended shooting sessions.

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Welcome to the forum, from Tulsa Oklahoma!

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Welcome aboard, glad you could join us. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Welcome to Taurus Armed from VEGAS, dot4x4! Nice to have your input.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Welcome from Arizona

1 - 13 of 13 Posts