Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greeting, all -

Just bought my first Taurus (a brand new Model 94 5" stainless) at the Greenville, SC gunshow this past weekend. As many have noted, the double action was not especially smoott and is VERY heavy. Before I fired it for the first time, I dismatled the lockwork and gave it a good trigger job using my Arkansas file stones. Now very smooth, but still heavy, so I have set of Wolff springs on the way.

I encounted one manufacturing defect when I disassmbled the gun. The pivot pin the hammer fit onto got peened over when the gun was assembled at the factory, so the hammer can not be removed. I tried to remove the peened spot with my Arkansas files, but they are not aggressive enough to do the job. I didn't try a more aggressive solution becasue I would have likely damaged the bearing surfact of the hammer. What I ended up doing is dabbing valve grinding compound on the bearinbg surface of the frame where the hammer rides, and then worked the hammer for several minutes through its full range of motion. That smoothed tings out nicely. I flushed it out well using brake cleaner and lubed prior to reassembly.

Except for the peened pivot pin, it's a very nice little revolver. :)

·
Administrator
40,834 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :wave:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Welcome and Merry Christmas from Central Illinois!!

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Welcome from East Texas to the best gun forum on the internet.

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Daytona Beach, FL

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts