Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been visiting the site for quite a while. I own a Tarus 85 snubbie, and a Dan Wesson 357. Also, saving my pennies for a 24/7 Pro in 9mm.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
Welcome ronb5538. I hope you find this site as informative as I do. I also, am curently a two gun guy. A PT-92B, and a Dan Wesson 714-2. If you've been watching, you know that the members here are most helpfull, and that there is very little "bashing" going on. That's why I signed on. Enjoy.

·
32,653 Posts
So that was you lurking around at night and leaving footprints. You know how long it took to wax that floor? ;D :D Actually we are glad that people check this place out first. Welcome to the forum. Dan Wessons are noted to be very accurate revolvers. Glad to see that you are a 85 fan club member as well. Just a thought, why not check out both the Taurus model 92 and the 24/7 and see which one works out for you better before buying. Conventional DA/SA triggers take a little getting used to, but with a little practice become second nature. Then again, since you have revolver experience the transition to the 24/7 trigger pull should in theory be easier to learn and manage. enjoy your time here. No questions are considered dumb. Life long learning goes on all the time here. Even for us old vets.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Welcome aboard Ron! :) I'm eyeing a 24/7 PRO myself -- so many guns and so little time (and money) :)

·
Registered
625 Posts
Welcome aboard!

Todd

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Taurus_9MM - I'm originally from 'Loo-a-vul', but I've been in Virginia for the last 20 years. 8)

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Nice out that way Ron? Recently a work colleague relocated to VA and apparently will be right near the ocean -- lucky guy. :)

Louisville in 2007 is pretty much the same as Louisville 1987, just higher taxes and more congestion in and around the city. lol

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Taurus_9mm said:
Nice out that way Ron? Recently a work colleague relocated to VA and apparently will be right near the ocean -- lucky guy. :)

Louisville in 2007 is pretty much the same as Louisville 1987, just higher taxes and more congestion in and around the city. lol
I live about a mile from the Chesapeake Bay. Everyone from here goes to Nags Head N.C. ... Go Figure!

We live on a peninsula that is only 8 miles wide. For most places, you can't get there from here. You have to go somewhere elese to start.

Any way, I can't wait to get my 24/7 9mm. I shot one at one of the local indoor ranges. LOVE IT!!!!

·
32,653 Posts
Give a wave of the hand and greetings to the people of Hampton, Va. and Langley Airplane Patch for me. Got to stay there for 12 years working for Uncle Sam. A&P Arms might still be there to buy and shop at. Saw a referrence to them a year or so ago. That is where I got my first and many Taurus fixations.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Qwiks draw said:
Give a wave of the hand and greetings to the people of Hampton, Va. and Langley Airplane Patch for me. Got to stay there for 12 years working for Uncle Sam. A&P Arms might still be there to buy and shop at. Saw a referrence to them a year or so ago. That is where I got my first and many Taurus fixations.
Qwiks draw I've been in New York on business, but on my way home to Poquoson, I waved my hand on your behalf.

A&P arms is still on Mercury Blvd. I went to A&P arms in Va Beach to shoot before I joined Lafayette Gun Club in York County.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts