Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I know a lot of people won't bother to read this so I'll put in as much information as possible and keep those of you who do read it busy for a few hours. :D

To start with I have owned Taurus firearms for many years now and I have always liked what they provide. From my experience you get a good gun for not much money.

I'll start at the beginning. I'm an Air Force Veteran who served 7 years from 1983 to 1990. For two of those years I was on the base rifle team, although we had just formed the team and I didn't get to any competitions. I was a trained NRA firearms instructor for several years and had some good times putting other peoples kids through the course. I was one of a few Non-military rifle range, range masters for the off base range. And last but not least I am a gunsmith. Currently non-practicing due to location.

I was raised on rifles and shotguns, and bought my first pistol when I turned 21. A nice old Colt Detective 38 special, pre-70s model. After leaving the military I took a full time job as a gunsmith for a well known firearms importer here in Vermont and worked on thousands of handguns. Mostly Colts, and Smith and Wessons, but with plenty of Webleys, Lugers, Stars, Llamas, and the occasional Walther P38 and Broom Handle Mauser thrown in.

Of all the South American guns I've worked on, none of the old guns come close to the current quality of a Taurus.

I doubt I'll be around much, but I was looking for some current news about the new PT140 that I ordered from a local dealer. (Traded in a Taurus Mdl 66 4") I'm seeing some good things, and as usual, a few places on the net where comments showed a distinct lack of knowledge about firearms. Oh yeah, I still have a model 85 I bought new many moons ago.

As the name implies I now have children who are coming to that point in life where they want to go hunting and shooting, so I've been Reloaded. I hope my infrequent visits and occasional comments can help put a distinct view on something we all love. Table tennis. :D

Of course I meant guns.

So, now I've said hello and let you know where I come from. Opps, I almost forgot to say that I am a Life member of the NRA, NAHC, and NAFC, a member of BASS, and the local Fish and Game as well as an individual member of the Vermont Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs.

I believe the the biggest investment we can make in hunting and shooting is the investment we make in our children and local communities.

So, having made you read my biography you can promptly forget I exist. :D

Keep shooting and keep America Free.

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Reloaded, huh? Pretty cool name, that. Well, I did real
all of your comments. Neat credentials. But, don't be infrequent.
Come back often, read up on all the good info we have here.

And post often! Also, a warm welcome from Tulsa Oklahoma.
It's good to have you here! :D

·
Super Moderator
22,020 Posts
Reloaded, A vary warm welcome from Nashville TN, Please Post often and enjoy a great bunch of people. :)

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you with us. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Welcome from Missouri !!

·
Administrator
40,854 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :wave:

Read every word. You would be surprised how much the guys read here.

Visited Vermont last October, beautiful state. :thumb:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you for your kind welcome. Chunks7mm I live in Lamoille county which is where I was born 43 years ago more or less. I only wish there was some way to regain the Vermont that I knew as a kid.

For those of you who have visited Vermont and those who haven't we do have some interesting sights and most of them since December have been white. :)

I hope those of you who do come to visit might bring a handgun or rifle with you and give one of our club ranges a try.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts