Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found your Board today. Looks like a fine place! The knowledge level and professionalism I see here is just great.
I have a PT745 myself. Mine started off as a problem child, but Taurus eventually made it right. I just posted about it in the semi auto forum if you care to look. You'll see just how far and long Taurus will work to fix a gun!
Thanks for setting up such a great forum. I know I can learn alot here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Folks.

Since I run a sole proprietorship business to earn my living I am considering getting the classes so I can apply for a carry permit.

I have a couple 9mm's that would make pretty decent carry pistols. But I just really like my .45's. I mean if the SHTF and the situation is so bad you have to use a gun, I just don't feel like my 9mm's would stop a crazed attacker. My nephew's (Army LT.) experience in Iraq with his service 9mm comes to mind big time. A .45 with HP ammo is like hitting an attacker with a large hammer. A 9mm may just piss 'em off. And yeah, I know, shot placement is everything. I see Police train at the range with 9mm's and they are trained to double tap. Maybe because of the weaker energy imparted by the smaller round? My little CZ83 is a great little 9mm pistol. (Yeah, I have a rare 9mm Mak model with a matte nickel finish to boot! ;D) But it feels like a pea shooter compared to the Taurus 45 and my XD45. I'm a pretty good bullseye shooter. I can empty a mag quickly into a 4" circle at 30' with any of my pistols. But under stress I may not be a perfect a shot. I figure one even poor hit with a .45 would at least put them on the ground.
And being an old Navy Vet who used the old Colt 45's on active duty, I have always liked 45 acp pistols. I think it's a great round.
My XD45 is too large for carry.
So when the time comes that I have that permit, I'll have to strongly consider another PT745 or 145. I know my wife won't want me to take "hers" out of the house. ;) We'll need his & hers models. I've looked around and I have yet to see another compact 45 I like as much as the PT.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Welcome and glad to have you along. I'm looking at the PT145 and 745 myself, appreciate info on your experince with them.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Welcome From Arizona :wave:
Glad that you are here..look around and have fun :D

·
Registered
296 Posts
Welcome from Delaware.

I got my CCW back in September, been carrying the PT-145 ever since. Was also in the Navy, but as a Machinist Mate they didn't let us play with guns. 6 shots in boot camp was all. I like the size of the compact 45's and think they're recoil is less then the old 1911's. :D

If you have any questions just ask. Unlike other forums you won't get put down here. ;)

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Welcome to the forum, we're glad to have you with us. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Best Wishes

1 - 11 of 11 Posts