Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this board but have posted before on the 1911 forum. I'm a member of the Palmetto Gun Club (NRA 2006 Club of the Year) (www.palmettogunclub.org) here in Charleston, SC. The name is Bob White aka "High Power Bob" since I'm an ardent supporter of of NRA High Power(200/300/600 yrds) and HP Long Range(600/1000 and Palma 800/900/1000Yrds). Shoulder surgery has turned me to the "F" Class and the short guns. I shoot anthing that goes bang! I shoot IDPA and IPSC as well as a local indoor combat match. I seem to have a prefernce for mid level priced guns and other than Taurus (multipule) I own Colt, Kimber, Springfield Armory and Smith and Wesson. My caliber of choice is .45acp. The Taurus video on their web site on the 24/7 PRO made me believer in plastic guns. To each his own Glocks just don't fit my hand and I will not own a pistol without an external manual safety. I've been at the the shooting competition game for anumber of years, do my own reloading and I retired from the Dept of Navy as a communications project engineer. Seen alot of the world and in most cases been there, done that. Grateful to the Good Lord for allowing me to live and do what I want. For those that haven't read the newspaper we are at war, not on the other side of the world and in our own streets. The old adage of give it up and let the police handle it does not work for me. I will fight to keep what is mine! There is always a firearm on me or within arms reach. Enough of me. Thank you for allowing me to participate and share info.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you with us. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Thank you for your service to the country. I had 6 years in the Air Force and regret getting out. I would be 1 year away from a 20 year retirement if I had stayed in. I'm new to the forum myself, but I'm enjoying it very much.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Welcome From Arizona :wave:

that is a great post, sounds like you have a colorful history :D

Have Fun in Here

·
Registered
846 Posts
Welcome to the forum, yep that saftey makes me feel better also, esp. if it's down my pants.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I lived in Rock Hill SC around 1981. Pretty country :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Introduction

Smokewagon said:
Taurusprivateequity, how 'bout you introduce yourself on the Member Introduction board? I and a lot of others here would like to know where your coming from. :???:
As a fund manager I own 1% of Taurus, and am here to hear what people have to say about the company and its products. Certain funds have been accumulating Taurus' shares and well known investment firms might at some point acquire larger stakes. As Taurus is undergoing rapid technological and structural changes, investing in R&D to enhance the quality of its products while lowering production costs, it will increasingly become associated with the industry's cutting edge. Some of its subsidiaries can barely keep up with demand, a new factory is about to be built, and tools and precision machining equipment are also sold worldwide. Sales, revenues and profits are exceeding previous expectations and at never before seen levels.

·
Administrator
39,475 Posts
Welcome from West Texas, High Power Bob! :wave:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts