Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a new TX22 and had FTF, FTE problems. After sending it back and paying Taurus $50 for a shipping label I just discovered the fix is most likely a replacement Recoil spring and guide rod: which is on their site for $32. I should have joined this Forum sooner. I spoke with customer service today and was quoted a 12 week turn time. After reading post on here it looks like I should expect 15 weeks or more.
Thanks for all the great information. This is my first Taurus firearm of any type.
I own a variety of manufactures guns and have dealt with Ruger's Customer service, which supplied a shipping label free of charge. Turn time was approx. 1 week. The gun has worked flawlessly since the return.

Administrator
Welcome from West Texas! :hand26:

Registered
I purchased a new TX22 and had FTF, FTE problems. After sending it back and paying Taurus $50 for a shipping label I just discovered the fix is most likely a replacement Recoil spring and guide rod: which is on their site for $32. I should have joined this Forum sooner. I spoke with customer service today and was quoted a 12 week turn time. After reading post on here it looks like I should expect 15 weeks or more.
Thanks for all the great information. This is my first Taurus firearm of any type.
I own a variety of manufactures guns and have dealt with Ruger's Customer service, which supplied a shipping label free of charge. Turn time was approx. 1 week. The gun has worked flawlessly since the return.
I sent a 24/7 in for repair some years ago. Two things from the experience.

1. Taurus had my gun back to me in 10 business days. I feel lucky it broke when it did because it's a class action pistol and would not have been returned.

2. ALWAYS ship a gun through a dealer. Mine shipped USPS and it cost $12. Taurus refunded the dealer the shipping charges so it cost nothing.

Taurus used to have a "restricted parts" policy. Some things they wouldn't ship you so you had to return the gun. I had ordered a firing pin spring and
was told it was out of stock for months. Someone I talked to finally said it was a "restricted part" which caused me to have to ship the gun.

Registered
Welcome to TA from Minnesota.

Super Moderator
Welcome from Northern Illinois! I've sent back two of their guns on my dime and leaned on my LGS to send it USPS (a non FFL cannot do that legally). Cost was under 30 bucks for each. Usually lag times result from their lack of parts or historically, if they determine that it cannot be repaired. Then they convene a council to make the final decision. If they trusted their gunsmiths enough they could make that process weeks shorter.

It is good that they have begun shipping some parts. 10 years ago I was able to order springs for my then PT 145...then they stopped doing that for many more years.

Your having to pay the return freight bears out another lesson. If one buys a Taurus/Rossi then it must get fired ... a lot and early, before the free shipping policy times out.

Keep us informed of the process.

Registered
Welcome aboard, from Las Vegas!
Sorry to hear about your problems. Taurus CS can be hit or miss. I have had all good dealings with them, but I see a lot of other forum members complaining.
I sent in a G2 for repairs, and got it back in 3 weeks, so I think the 12 week return policy is to cover unexpected delays.
I don't have a TX-22, but I had problems with a PT-738 TCP that they finally replaced with a G2C.
I am very happy with my Taurus PT-111 G2, G2C, M-85UL, and a new TH9C that I got a few months ago.

Registered
:smile: Hi and welcome aboard from nw PA! :hello:

Registered
Welcome to the forum from Northern Oklahoma.

Banned
Welcome to TA from Cherokee County, Georgia.

Registered
Welcome to taurusarmed.net from an Old Soldier in Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest - "Taurus庐 Spoken Here! Hooaaahhhh!!!!!

Registered
Welcome from New York! :cool:

Registered
Welcome aboard from the "GunShine"state of Florida.

State of over 2 MILLION 21 THOUSAND Concealed Carry Licenses and counting!

Registered
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for all of the Welcome messages and information. I'll update the thread when I get my TX22 back.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts