Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone
Newbie from Oregon here. Also, long time Taurus owner. My first center fire handgun was a Taurus 66 in 357, although I have always shot 38sp in it. We currently have 5 Taurus handguns in the family. The 66, a 82, a 3" SS 85, a 4" 44 mag Tracker, and a SS PT92. I am currently in the market for a concealed carry gun. Here is my issues. I am in a wheelchair and have limited hand strength. I would realy like something like the PT 638 in 380. Low recoil, easy slide racking, and as light as possible single action trigger pull with the gun cocked. I also would like a rail for a laser. Is there a Taurus semi auto new or used that fits the bill?
Clay

·
Premium Member
17,735 Posts
Boy sounds like th PT638 is perfect, they may have been discontinued but there's still plenty around. I have one and love it. Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Is the 638 double action single action and what is your single action pull like?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Welcome from PA..

·
Registered
193 Posts
Welcome to the forum! In addition to getting advise here I would encourage you to go to a larger sporting goods store so you can handle lots of different pistols to see what works best for you. I know you said semi-auto, but would your model 85 suit your needs with low recoil ammo?

·
Premium Member
17,735 Posts

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Welcome, from Dallas, TX!
I'm sure the fine folks here in this forum can help you narrow down your choices.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Hello from St. Louis, MO!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome to the forum! In addition to getting advise here I would encourage you to go to a larger sporting goods store so you can handle lots of different pistols to see what works best for you. I know you said semi-auto, but would your model 85 suit your needs with low recoil ammo?
The problem with revolvers is follow up shots in double action. Even with a trigger job the double action pull on my 85 is long and fairly heavy. Then there is capacity. Speed of reloading. I am heading to the big city (Bend) next Monday to a stocking Taurus dealer and see what they have. Thanks for the welcome and replies.
Clay

·
Registered
606 Posts
Welcome neighbor!!!!

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Yellow Facial expression Emoticon Text Smile
Welcome from the Rust Belt USA....

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
701 Posts
Welcome from little ole New Hampshire

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
Hello from Central North Carolina and welcome to TaurusArmed.net. You are going to find some
friendly and knowledgeable people here.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum from Southeast Tennessee;;

1 - 20 of 53 Posts