Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. Been looking at the forums a bit lately. I am from Eastern NC and married with 2 kids. Due to all the craziness I have been looking at finally starting to Carry for protect my family. I have been around long guns all my life but never fired a handgun. Looking to pick up my 1st and since money is tight was thinking to pick up my 1st gun that once I get comfy I could eventually carry. I am a bigger guy 5'10 and around 215 so not sure yet which handgun to look at for carrying. Thanks for letting me in and hopefully will learn lots here.

·
Super Moderator
40,649 Posts
to the forum from the Florida Keys! :wave:

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from North Texas! :wave: We're might glad you decided to join Ye Merrye Crewwe". :thumb:

·
Administrator
40,357 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :hand26:

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
Hello from Wake County and welcome to TaurusArmed.net! What you decide to carry depends on
how you plan to carry (IWB, pocket, etc), what caliber you want to use, how many rounds you want
for capacity and more importantly what you are comfortable and accurate with when you shoot.
My wife carries a Ruger LCR in a holster in a gun purse. I have a rotation of guns I like to carry
depending on circumstances. During the winter I'll carry larger framed guns like the Taurus 617,
Rock Island Commander 1911, S&W 640. During the summer months when I am wearing less
clothing, I'll carry a Glock 26, Taurus CIA 850 or I'll pocket carry a Ruger LCP.

Look around and pick something that will be comfortable for you to shoot and carry. There
are plenty of choices out there since the market has expanded because more states have
relaxed their concealed carry requirements.

·
Registered
24,894 Posts
Welcome to TA from Minnesota.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Welcome from Wake County again. Lots of good people and information here.

Probably the friendliest gun forum on the internet.

All the Best,
D. White

·
Registered
16,494 Posts
Welcome from South Texas. If your looking a budget type gum the PT-111- G2 is something you might want to look at. Lots of info on this fourm about it.

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
Welcome to TaurusArmed.net from Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest!

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northern Oklahoma.

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
Welcome from Missouri! You need to go to a range to rent a few to see how they feel in hand before/after firing them (different calibers also). If you have friends with guns, try theirs out as well. Also research different hand gun insurance as it's good to have that worry covered (uscca, carry guard etc).

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
Welcome from Harnett county.Spent a lot of time in Goldsboro as a kid (I see you are in Wayne co).

Your hand size and how you plan to carry may dictate what you end up with.Find a range or a buddy who will let you shoot different guns and see what fits you and most importantly that you shoot well.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts