Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to this site and new to firearms. Unfortunately I had a family member take his life with one 15 years ago, so I never felt the desire to own any. However, I just bought my first one last year. I started with the Ruger SR22 pistol, which is great for putting holes in paper really cheaply. A couple months later, knowing history and foreseeing the future, I got a Smith & Wesson M&P 15 Sport, which is also great for putting holes in paper. Fortunately it will also be valuable as a defense weapon when the stuff does hit the fan! With that said, I felt I needed a handgun with enough self defense power, yet small enough for EDC. This has led to today's purchase, the PT111 Millenium G2. It seemed that the combination of features I've come to look for combined with the price made this one a no-brainer! Can't wait to get it to the range this weekend!
Eventually I plan on getting a full size 9mm. Seems like it would be highly useful in a survival situation, along with a single stack 9mm for concealed backup(I'm really liking the looks of the "slim"). Of course, your basic 12 gauge pump would prove invaluable also. I figure after I acquire all of those, I'm ready. Maybe down the line I'll add a .308 bolt action for some long range shooting. I'm realizing that this could be quite an addiction, but it seems like those choices would get me through just about any situation I might ever be in.

Thanks, and I look forward to some good reading.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Welcome from Dallas, TX!
Sounds like you're gettin' the fever, bad!

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Welcome from Indiana!!

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
New to this site and new to firearms. Unfortunately I had a family member take his life with one 15 years ago, so I never felt the desire to own any. However, I just bought my first one last year. I started with the Ruger SR22 pistol, which is great for putting holes in paper really cheaply. A couple months later, knowing history and foreseeing the future, I got a Smith & Wesson M&P 15 Sport, which is also great for putting holes in paper. Fortunately it will also be valuable as a defense weapon when the stuff does hit the fan! With that said, I felt I needed a handgun with enough self defense power, yet small enough for EDC. This has led to today's purchase, the PT111 Millenium G2. It seemed that the combination of features I've come to look for combined with the price made this one a no-brainer! Can't wait to get it to the range this weekend!
Eventually I plan on getting a full size 9mm. Seems like it would be highly useful in a survival situation, along with a single stack 9mm for concealed backup(I'm really liking the looks of the "slim"). Of course, your basic 12 gauge pump would prove invaluable also. I figure after I acquire all of those, I'm ready. Maybe down the line I'll add a .308 bolt action for some long range shooting. I'm realizing that this could be quite an addiction, but it seems like those choices would get me through just about any situation I might ever be in.

Welcome to the forum.

I'm so sorry to hear that and I know the pain will never go away but try and remember that the weapon could do nothing by itself. It took a conscious act by your family member for it to operate.

Firearms are a tool and like all tools they can be dangerous. Training, education, and awareness of the potentials (both good and bad) of any tool is all important.

Reactions: bluesguy72

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Welcome from East Texas to the best gun forum on the internet.

·
Premium Member
16,973 Posts
Yellow Facial expression Emoticon Text Smile
Welcome from the Rust Belt USA....

·
Registered
797 Posts

You've come to the right place. Welcome from New York where it is still legal to own a gun....but barely. The folks on this forum are both knowledgeable and friendly. I also have an SR22 which is an absolute blast to shoot.

·
Registered
8,089 Posts
Hello from Central North Carolina and welcome to TaurusArmed.net. You are going to find some
friendly and knowledgeable people here. I had to go through what you went through losing a family
member to suicide, my Mother-In-Law did that last year. It is rough going through that kind of thing
but I still love my fireams and my wife still supports that.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.