Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone... greetings from Waycross, GA,

I'm new to shooting and to Taurus. My timing is funny because of the current "gun craze," but I wasn't motivated to buy a gun by the current craze.

I was invited to a gun range by a friend of mine who is a law enforcement officer a few weeks back. I had a lot of fun shooting a Glock 22 and a Glock 17. After a few pointers I wasn't too bad either.

I enjoyed the experience so much that I decided to purchase a firearm of my own so that I could keep practicing. I obtained my CCW and started doing a little research. I knew I wanted something semiautomatic and I liked 9mm but I wasn't sure if I wanted to really put out the cash for a Glock or not.

A local dealer told me about Taurus but he didn't have any in stock so I started looking online. I found a PT809 on online and the reviews seemed ok but I was still on the fence and wasn't sure if I wanted to buy it. Then I found this forum and so many of you have such great opinions of Taurus that I decided to give it a try and order it.

I'm still waiting for it to arrive at my FFL given the slowdown with the current situation but I look forward to being able to take it out to the range and becoming a happy Taurus owner like the rest of you .

Thanks for posting such great info.

Jason

·
Administrator
40,346 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :wave:

·
Registered
740 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma!

·
Super Moderator
40,649 Posts
from the Florida Keys! :wave:

·
Banned
9,233 Posts
Welcome from Jacksonville, FL. You guys got any ammo up there?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Welcome from Snellville, Ga.

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
Welcome from Plano TX to the best gun forum on the Internet.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Welcome from Ohio

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Welcome from East Texas to the best gun forum on the internet.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Welcome from Alabama.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Welcome from Kentucky! When you get your new pistol, practice with it. Get used to it. Most of all, enjoy it!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Hello, Jason, and welcome from Missouri to a great forum. Good people and info here!

Since you are new to this handgun, self defense arena, consider taking some good self defense handgun classes. I also recommend you check out the many free YouTube videos made by Massad Ayoob, a world-class instructor in handgun use and self defense, who has recorded training sessions in Judicious Use of Force, Shoot to Live, Home Invasion, Preparation for Home Defense, and What to Do After a Shooting. Just Google his name and these topics and the YouTubes should show up. Very good instructional information from an expert, and free.

Here is a very good technical review of self defense ammo, for when you are ready to consider this:
Best Choices for Self Defense Ammo

This is an informative review by a doctor of different gunshot wounds effects; we all need to be aware of this real-life information:
Doctor Talks About Gunshot Wounds

Take care, and best wishes to you and yours!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
No, CB236 no ammo to be found.... I was hoping you guys had some down there! I'm head down there shopping frequently. Everything is sold out locally.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hello, Jason, and welcome from Missouri to a great forum. Good people and info here!

Since you are new to this handgun, self defense arena, consider taking some good self defense handgun classes. I also recommend you check out the many free YouTube videos made by Massad Ayoob, a world-class instructor in handgun use and self defense, who has recorded training sessions in Judicious Use of Force, Shoot to Live, Home Invasion, Preparation for Home Defense, and What to Do After a Shooting. Just Google his name and these topics and the YouTubes should show up. Very good instructional information from an expert, and free.

Here is a very good technical review of self defense ammo, for when you are ready to consider this:
Best Choices for Self Defense Ammo

This is an informative review by a doctor of different gunshot wounds effects; we all need to be aware of this real-life information:
Doctor Talks About Gunshot Wounds

Take care, and best wishes to you and yours!
Thanks Geobob, I think that's the downside to living in a smaller area, I couldn't find any classes offered locally without having to travel quite a bit. I'll have to try to plan a class on my next vacation. In the mean time, I'm relying on internet info. and help from a friend who works in law enforcement.

I'll be sure to check out the videos.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
1 Smiley Hello.gif Welcome from the Rust Belt USA....

1 - 20 of 52 Posts