Registered
2,585 Posts
Welcome From Arizona :D
Congrats on your new toy

Jump in and have some fun ;)

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Welcome to the forum, glad you could join us. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Welcome from Missouri !!

·
Administrator
40,172 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :wave:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Welcome from another member thats close to your location, there are a few of us here in Michigan.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Yes another from the Detroit area says hello.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanx for the welcomes. The boards here are what helped my decision to buy the PT145 over a couple other compacts in the beautiful caliber of .45 ACP. Gotta say, not as much kick as my S&W .40 410 but much, much louder. Actually louder than my 12g Mossberg.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey from Mid Michigan. Like you, I used this board to help me decide on a PT140 over an XD40 for my CCW. Of course the extra $150-$200 for the XD helped the decision as well...

I sold my Beretta 94 Cheetah and a PPK/S both in .380 for my PT140 and a 4" S&W M&P 40. I gave up concealability with the M&P, which now stays in my truck, but lost nothing with the PT140. It's a great gun, I just need to get used to the Loooonnng trigger pull and the Heinie straight 8 sights. Both of which you'll find a bunch of posting about on this board.

This is board is a wealth of good information. Enjoy the board & your new PT 145.

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Welcome from Tulsa Oklahoma! :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mich Hunter said:
It's a great gun, I just need to get used to the Loooonnng trigger pull and the Heinie straight 8 sights.
Actually, the trigger pull hasn't bothered me at all. As for the sights, i'm on the search for somethng different. After firing around 500 rounds thru it last weekend, i've come to the conclusion, I don't like'em. Only had 1 problem with it. Thought it jammed around 400 rounds, and after racking it and inspecting the gun and bullet, bad primer. Thought it jammed cuz my friend, who is a Block fan, yelled "told ya so, it's jammed". First time i've ever had Winchester ammo FTF. Other then that, I love it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts