Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi you guys, a new member from Los Angeles. Here is my intro:

I'm mostly a glock guy but for as long as I can remember I alway love the look of Beretta 92 series. Just recently I have a chance to shoot a Beretta 92, and learn that the gun don't fit me too well. The tail end just too wide, that every time a shot fired, the tail will hit me on the first joint of my thumb. And the safety on the slide also a pain in the ass for me to pull the slide(Beretta 92D is not CA approve too sale). While I can pick the bull's eye at 20~25' range, it's not comfortable to shoot. But the itch to own one still won't stop. I don't want to spend $600(NIB) or $400(used) for a gun that don't fit me well, therefore I turn my eyes on Taurus 92. I hear lot good thing about it even most Taurus haters would only trash Taurus but not the 92.

Just by luck I found out a co worker of mine is selling his Taurus 92s (one 10rd mag, 85~90% condition) for $250. It sound really good to me, so hopefully next week we will have a trip to the range for me to check it out(I haven't seem the gun yet) and do the PPT for it.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Welcome to Taurus Armed. I have heard a lot of good stuff about the 92. It has become very common just like the 1911s which also makes it very customizable too. Hope you like it.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Welcome from the Land of Lincoln and from the happy owner of a PT92SS.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Welcome from southern Oregon

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
so this is a stainless? ask them if they'll take 225, if it's the black 200.

250 ain't bad but if it's 85-90% it should really be a bit lower.

i like my pt92 just as much as my beretta 92.

there are a few things i like about each gun.

beretta: little nicer finish and is more cleaned up, taurus had some tool marks under the grips not as clean inside but still a nice gun.
beretta: has serrated trigger guard, taurus is smooth.
beretta: decocker decocks all the way, taurus only decocks just before the half cocked notch.
beretta: has a beveled mag well which makes inserting a mag easier. taurus has a straight mag well so has to be more exact when putting a mag in.
taurus: has a easier to use safety
taurus: can be carried cocked and locked
taurus: comes standard with 17rnd mags these days (but this wont apply to you)
taurus: has a life time warranty (actually using that warranty is easier said then done though)

both my taurus and my beretta is reliable so if you dont wanna put out the money for a berretta then a taurus is a excellent alternative, heck i tell people to get both anyway.

gl on your new gun, hogue makes some soft rubber side panels which are pretty slim. also the not sure what grips are on the one you're looking at the but factory plastic side panels are pretty slim as well.

since the grip is a bit large for you you might also check into the beretta vertec, it has a straight back strap which some with small hands find a better fit, but they're on to common.

remember to post pictures when you get your new to you 92.

EDIT: fixed a few typo's

1 - 7 of 7 Posts