1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
The first load is a 210 gr. JHP which leaves the barrel at 1,750 feet-per-second. and produces 1,427 foot-pounds of muzzle energy.

The second load is a 240 gr. JSP that has a muzzle velocity of 1,625 feet-per-second. and generates 1,407 foot-pounds of energy.

Parent case is 50 AE.

That’s Real Bad Assery in 44 cal!!!

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
For two bucks per round, it better sing and dance!

Then again, the whole thing screams of: "If you have to ask, you can't afford it."

Now I want one.

·
Super Moderator
35,466 Posts
Mmm, good hog medicine. :D A might expensive for a truck gun, but......:D The .50AE really only offered a bigger bullet, not more energy necessarily. This is a step up. It'd be a nice cartridge and perhaps doable in a 5 shot super blackhawk. :D

Reactions: RScottie

·
Super Moderator
35,466 Posts
And, I doubt brass would be all THAT expensive. Bullets are readily available in .429". The price of ammo would NOT deter me. :D I'd rather have it in a revolver, though. But, heck, why would I want this as opposed to a .460 or .454 Casull? Either makes this look like a pop gun.

·
Registered
36,935 Posts
For two bucks per round, it better sing and dance!

Then again, the whole thing screams of: "If you have to ask, you can't afford it."

Now I want one.
isn't that about the cost on the 41 AE and the 50 AE now?
IF you can even find it,
what they need to do is make it so it only excepts a taurus 809 compact magazine, that would make it virtually impossible to shoot along with the ammo shortage.

Reactions: paulky_2000

·
Registered
14,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Any new round is somewhat a "novelty" when it first comes out.

My opinion is that this round is hoping to become a semi-auto hit for those needing rifle power in a handgun that will not break their wrist or aggravate their arthritis.

Power at the 30/30 level in a semi-auto handgun would make for some serious hog medicine!

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Does it come in polymer?
Is it available in a striker fired gun without a manual safety? All of those levers are just so complicated.;)

·
Super Moderator
40,657 Posts
The necked down brass kills it for me, don't want to deal with necked down brass while pistol reloading.

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
36,935 Posts
I would like to see a .454, 8 + 1 single stack in a semi auto...)
Sheesh!!
I want a stacked clippy thang if I have a 454 myself!-----:lifting:

Reactions: Aberdog1
1 - 13 of 13 Posts