1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up the matte stainless 4" 6-shot .357 today

Has great looking and great feeling Hogue Pau Ferro (Brazilian hardwood) grips

So far this gun is everything I hoped it would be

Fit and finish very nice, good lockup and smooth crisp trigger plus good balance in my hand

This is likely on my "keeper" list already... Hope she shoots as good as she looks and feels

0123201318a_1579811271928.jpg
0123201318b_1579811286353.jpg 0123201319_1579811298888.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nice! I saw one on Buds and I’m very , very tempted. I really like a wood grip and a SS finish. I have a S&W 67-1 that I’m keeping as an heirloom but looking for a useable 357/38. How’s the trigger pull in DA? Also the sight picture? Trench rear sight and front post, correct?

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Took it to the 50' indoor range today and shot a few rounds of .357 and some various .38spl

It definitely does not like steel case ammo... They won't eject without extreme force... Won't be using those anymore... I presume they swell up against the cylinder walls

The smooth action and easy sight picture made this a joy to shoot. I could keep it in a pie plate size circle with no issues

I now feel comfortable getting rid of my 3" 5-shot Ruger SP101 ... It will collect dust since I prefer this 4"

I also doubt I'll shoot anymore .357 either (I just prefer 158gr .38spl)

I may load up a few wadcutters... They are my favorite round to shoot

IMG_26012020_180451_(563_x_1000_pixel)_1580084081654.jpg IMG_26012020_181619_(563_x_1000_pixel)_1580084259717.jpg

·
Registered
27 Posts
I picked up the matte stainless 4" 6-shot .357 today

Has great looking and great feeling Hogue Pau Ferro (Brazilian hardwood) grips

So far this gun is everything I hoped it would be

Fit and finish very nice, good lockup and smooth crisp trigger plus good balance in my hand

This is likely on my "keeper" list already... Hope she shoots as good as she looks and feels

View attachment 454147
View attachment 454149 View attachment 454151
That a beauty you got mate...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Very nice! I also have one of these, and I really like this revolver. I used to have a S&W Model 19, and this revolver feels larger and heavier, but I love it. The action is very nice, like the original poster said.

I found a very nice set of grips for the gun on eBay, from a seller over in Thailand. Great looking grips. I think it took 2 weeks to get them. By the way, the original wooden grips feel really good too.

A word of caution - If you ever take off the side plate, or remove the yoke screw to remove the cylinder, by VERY CAREFUL with the yoke screw. Don't get it messed up or lose it. The yoke screw on mine is stuck, with the plunger stuck in the down position. I've tried everything I can come up with, and cannot get it free. I've been waiting about 6 months for a replacement, and Taurus keeps telling me that the screws are not in stock, on back order, and there is no estimated time of arrival. I'm going to be having a telephone conversation with them. If Taurus is still making revolvers such as the 65, 66, and others in the same size range, they have got to have yoke screws (so why can't I get one?). They have some explaining to do. By the way - I have never fire this gun yet, due to the screw problem. I cannot find one anywhere else, and would be willing to buy one if I could fine one.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
35,540 Posts
Very nice! I also have one of these, and I really like this revolver. I used to have a S&W Model 19, and this revolver feels larger and heavier, but I love it. The action is very nice, like the original poster said.

I found a very nice set of grips for the gun on eBay, from a seller over in Thailand. Great looking grips. I think it took 2 weeks to get them. By the way, the original wooden grips feel really good too.

A word of caution - If you ever take off the side plate, or remove the yoke screw to remove the cylinder, by VERY CAREFUL with the yoke screw. Don't get it messed up or lose it. The yoke screw on mine is stuck, with the plunger stuck in the down position. I've tried everything I can come up with, and cannot get it free. I've been waiting about 6 months for a replacement, and Taurus keeps telling me that the screws are not in stock, on back order, and there is no estimated time of arrival. I'm going to be having a telephone conversation with them. If Taurus is still making revolvers such as the 65, 66, and others in the same size range, they have got to have yoke screws (so why can't I get one?). They have some explaining to do. By the way - I have never fire this gun yet, due to the screw problem. I cannot find one anywhere else, and would be willing to buy one if I could fine one.
It's under warranty. Send it in and let them fix it.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

those grips look good too!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts