Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My reloading bench grew and relocated in the past couple of weeks. Moved in a lot of the remaining items followed by my old work table. It’s been a bit of dedicated effort to bring it all together before the first snows....which hit tonight....3” so far.

Ready to load up a mess of 9mm and a boatload of .300 Blackout, along with every other caliber that I shoot.

Attachments

·
22,309 Posts
Very nice rig! Enjoy!

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
That’s a sharp-looking setup you put together. Time to start cranking ‘em out!

Reactions: markr6754

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
...I think you need a second bench...
Funny you say that. I bought the wood last week to use with my 2x4 Basics bench kit. I bought it before I bought this current bench...but I liked this one better. I’ll be starting on the other bench shortly...if it warms up a bit. I’ll probably have to heat the garage somehow on work on it. At least for cutting the lumber.

·
Administrator
39,728 Posts
That’s a great looking reloading area.:thumb: Wish mine looked that nice.

·
8,545 Posts
Great setup, nice wood work. Enjoy the reloading season. I am gearing up to reload about 2000 9mm, 300 45acp, 300 45colt and about 300 38special. That will keep me busy for a few months.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Sweet setup!!!!!

·
Administrator
35,309 Posts
Very nice ! That looks great. I just moved my setup to a bigger room and I was thinking of starting a 'show us your reloading station' thread so we can post our setups, it could give others ideas or let us get good ideas from seeing how somebody else did theirs.

·
Registered
24,615 Posts
But, but, but, you ran out of room already.

Reactions: Steyr

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Sweet I prefer a taller table (that is my choice) Nothing wrong with this set up

·
Registered
14,813 Posts
Great looking bench BUT.... did you intentionally paint the wall Lyman orange; like on purpose?

·
Registered
4,792 Posts
Nice! I see you have one of the new Lyman all-American 8 station turret pressed. I bought one to. I have an issue with the short lever that rotates the turret, it keeps coming out as I work. I had a long lever from a lyman T-mag press that I swapped it our for. That lever is about 50% longer, it doesn't come out and rotating the turret is a lot easier. How is yours working????

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Great looking bench BUT.... did you intentionally paint the wall Lyman orange; like on purpose?
Actually...the room was already painted...and my plan to do a lot more prep work, including new pain, fell through following a letter from the Social Security Administration. In a nutshell It said, “Hi! Planning on spending any money on reloading equipment and supplies? Guess again!” Luckily, I had this bench kit waiting on the room. So I cleaned and refinished the floor and decided to live with orange for a while, out my bench up so I could finally unbox my All American 8 Turret. Now spending the time getting used to it, and trying to organize for greater efficiency!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice! I see you have one of the new Lyman all-American 8 station turret pressed. I bought one to. I have an issue with the short lever that rotates the turret, it keeps coming out as I work. I had a long lever from a lyman T-mag press that I swapped it our for. That lever is about 50% longer, it doesn't come out and rotating the turret is a lot easier. How is yours working????
I have very little time with it, and still getting a feel for it. Decapping cases is really easy. Sizing 9mm very little effort. Surprisingly, I’m finding priming on the press to be pretty smooth. My first 50 cases were nearly enough trouble to make me quit. Primers were coming out cup side up...how did they turn around in the tube??? Roughly 20 primers of 50 had to be turned over...which is not easy on this press. Turned out I was using the large primer tube with small primers. The 2nd attempt, using the proper small tube was smooth. I started getting a decent rhythm.
No issues with the turret handle yet. The retention ball seems to hold it in pretty well. I’ll keep on eye on it as use increases.
I’ve read a fair number of negative comments on this press. Thus far I can’t figure what they’re talking about.

·
Super Moderator
36,055 Posts
Very nice setup...good timing for the nasty weather.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts