Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
21,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2020 could be a good year for wheelgunners. First the news about the new Python, and now I read that Kimber is adding some new models to their revolver line.

The biggest change is exposed hammers, so you can thumb cock them. This is from the Kimber web site, and it's their existing 2" snub with an exposed hammer.

There's also another that appears to be identical except for a 4" barrel, and then a target model with a 4" barrel and adjustable sights.

kimber-k6s-target-revolver.jpg

Of course, they are Kimbers so they aren't giving them away.

Target: $989
Combat 4": $989
DASA 2": $970

One of the things I like best about the newer revolvers like the Cobra and these Kimbers is the more modern sights. Colt made it really easy to swap the front sight, whereas Kimbers use a pinned front sight and dovetailed rear. What I'd really like is a Colt style front and Kimber rear. That would be the best revolver sight design I've ever seen.

This is a great time to be a wheelgunner!

Attachments

·
17,575 Posts
Would it kill them to make a 6"? A 4" revolver used to be a "Service" gun, now it's a "Target".....same with Colt.

I'd be interested in the Kimber Target maybe. Kind of look like that sight blocks a bit of the hammer spur but I'd have to handle one. Maybe if the 4" are successful enough they'll try a 6".....I'll be waiting....and waiting....and waiting....

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Very fine! And I agree that it's a joy to find some real sights...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts