Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just purchased my first Taurus (Millenium Pro .45) though I have been instrumental in others purchasing Taurus firearms over the last few years. I am a fan of the quality as I generally perceive it and have enjoyed shooting the guns others have purchased on my recommendation.

I have a couple of questions about the Millennium Pro: At 25 yards I hit at about 7 or 8 o'clock about 18" from my "point of aim." After this last weekend I am pretty sure most of it is me as I grouped nicely at 9 o'clock about 5" from point of aim when resting the gun on a block. A) what am I doing wrong (grip wise, etc.) B) The rear sight is OBVIOUSLY left of center on the gun - how easily are they adjusted (there is a hex screw holding the sight - is it actually drilled into the frame or does it just secure the dove tailed sight)?

My seconde issue is that the gun has many jams if I load more than 6 rounds in the mags. This occurs with both mags with 4 different types of ammo. It seems to be either a failure of the slide to travel back far enough, or the springs in the mags might be too tight (is that logical?). The round that fails is always still down in the mag and the slide jams open but light retraction of the slide and the shell pops smoothly into place and life is good (unless there are still more than 6 rounds in the mag).

So far I am enjoying the gun (a little too much with the current cost of ammo) but would like to see some improvements in these two areas.

Thanks and good shooting.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Welcome to the forum, glad you could join us.

Regarding the feeding/jam problem, have you disassembled and cleaned your magazines since you've acquired your PT-145? In some instances, residual foreign debris left over after manufacturing can impair the function of magazines. I'd disassemble the pistol and magazines both, then thoroughly clean them and after reassembly, see if the problem still persists. Hopefully that will take care of any issues you may have in that regard.

If you don't want to disassemble the mags, perhaps you can get some others and see if those newer magazines function flawlessly or not. Then you'll have the problem pinpointed if the newer mags work fine. Cheaper than Dirt carries PT-145 magazines but they're currently out. Here if the link however if you want to order some when they get more in.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/31831-18744-1355.html

Regarding the other problem, there may be ones present who have a better working knowledge of the sights on the PT-145. It doesn't sound though as if it would be a difficult problem to correct however and somene should be able to answer that question. I wish I had the answer for you but we'll see if we can get it fixed.

Best Wishes

1 - 2 of 2 Posts