Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went to a place in Austin called GT Distributers and was looking for a new holster for my pt140 mil pro. Several employees asked me in the first few minutes if I needed any help, which is always nice. I went in with no intention of buying anything so I appreciatively waved off the first couple people. Then I realized that having a new holster might not be a bad thing. So I start looking around and can't seem to find anything. A few minutes in another associate asks if I need help to which I accept. I explain what I'm looking for and inform him that I can't find anything that states it's for a Taurus. He asks if I have the gun with me and I tell him I'm not carrying it now because I wasn't sure about their rules having never been there before. He explained that bringing it in was completely fine as long as it was unloaded and mag dropped. So I go out to the truck and grab it. He proceeds to try a plethora of holsters with no luck. I finally gave up on finding one for my Taurus and let him know that I'll most likely be trading for an XD in the near future so I'll just look for one for it. He shows me a DeSantis intruder made for the XD 9, .38, and .40. He says, just for S & G's, lets try the Taurus in here. IT FITS PERFECTLY. So now I'm excited cause whether or not I trade guns with my father I'll have a holster I can use. So I come home and am looking at my new purchase, I decide for giggles (again) to try my full size XD 45 tactical to see if it fits. It slides right in like it was made for it! So now I have one holster that is made very well that fits a variety of guns. I plan on owning another XD in the near future as well as another Taurus so I may buy according to what will fit the DS intruder as it is very well made and extremely comfortable. To top it all off, the guy that helped me stayed late about 10 minutes after his shift was over and then gave me a 10% off coupon!! If you live in the Austin area I highly suggest that you visit GT Distributers.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
The GT stores in Austin and Dallas/Garland are addictive. I cannot go to Austin on business, or visit my daughter in the Plano area without an obligatory trip to GT. My wife wants to handcuff me BEFORE I can walk in ! :D

They have excellent law enforcement pricing on many of their firearms, and often have some fantastic bargains on police trade ins.
Both stores have a "bargain" or "markdown" section that has been a goldmine for me during several visits.

The people there have always been courteous and helpful. When they have ammo in stock, it is always reasonably priced, although they have been limiting quantity purchases for quite a while.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts