Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a new holster that is a bit tight, Need to streach a little so the pistol fits better, the thumb break strap snaps easier, and the pistol draws smoother.. I really like this holster.. Any ideas ??
DUKE

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
"Exercise". :rolleyes:

Seriously, use of the holster should solve this issue in no time at all.

Reactions: TexasAviator

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
If you are just trying to stretch the fit a little so you can draw the weapon easier, you can put your weapon in a plastic sandwich/ziplock bag then put it in the holster and let it sit.
It will give a bit of stretch to the holster, if it is a leather holster.

·
Registered
157 Posts
if it is a leather holster, wrap your gun in wax paper, insert for a few hours, and try it then, seen this on utube, might have to leave it overnight, but do not double wrap it, but i would think using it, draw n reholter would take care of this.

·
Registered
92 Posts
JerryMac has it spot-on with the wax-paper. I make custom leather holsters and this is the S.O.P. for a holster that has a tight-fitting shooter. Just drawing and reholstering has a tendency to damage the inside of the holster if there are any sharp edges on the weapon. Never dampen the holster or put oil on the inside to loosen it up as the molding and shaping will loosen and the holster will go limp. Semper-fi Mike

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry about the delay, I tried to reply last night.. But, was denied/refused access?? OK, hello to all.. Thanks for the postings.. I've had this holster 3 weeks and use every day.. Bianchi 7 Shadow II with thunb release, for my PT111 MIL PRO under winter wear.. Been doing like you have suggested. Perhaps it need more use.. I like the zip lock bag and waxed paper ideas.. I'll try that..
Thanks again, DUKE

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the new postings.. Appreciated.. The waxed paper is in place as we speak.. Tha saddle soap sound like a good idea also.. Oh, I streached the Thumb break strap somemore, Bianchi recommends that.. GET'ER DONE DUKE

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
I think I have the same holster and use it for my PT145. And boy was it a tight fit... so tight in fact that to get the thumb break snapped I had to push so hard to get the gun down far enough that it was near impossible to get back out (and I don't mean as in drawing the gun).

I finally started leaving it in the holster overnight with a dress sock over the gun. And it's like 10 times better but still is too tight. I just don't use the holster like I thought maybe I would (my supertuck is my holster of choice), and haven't messed with it lately to know if it's stayed. The holster was made for the PT145 without a rail, so my 3rd gen with a rail is crazy tight. I bought it on the advice of another TA member that it works and it does work... just needs some attention first.

Keep working it.. it'll get there.

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
I just wear mine and it was good after a couple weeks - no wax paper or soap, but those are good ideas. (Had it about a month)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts