Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just received my new holster for my 709 SLIM. It was custom made by Lobo Gun Leather. Ray, the owner maker has been making holster's for over 40 years. As of now he only has 2 other Taurus models available. This holster is his first one for the 709. I have one of his holster I purchased for my Kimber Ultra Carry II that is almost identical in design.

My new holster is his model 1 Pancake Holster. It has a slide shield also. It rides nice and high on the waist, but not enough to make it uncomfortable. It is bone fitted to give the firearm a snug fit. It is made for 1 1/2" wide belts. My belt is also made buy Lobo. It is the B8 model. I've had it for the last 2 years.

I have been buying Ray's holster's for the last 5 years. The wait time is usually 3 to 5 weeks. (He is a one man operation). The way I look at it, quality is not made over night. (Ray only makes holster's on order.....)

Here are a few pictures, ENJOY!!!!!

TLG1

Attachments

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Yes, very, very nice!

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
That is a nice looking holster!

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
That's a really nifty holster, friend.

Wear it with pride. :thumb:

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
Looks good indeed! Thanks for the report and pictures.:thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
537 Posts
Nice holster. So what does Ray charge for a holster like that?

·
Registered
7,562 Posts
Congrats, nice holster.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Nice holster. So what does Ray charge for a holster like that?
Base fee was $49. The slide shield was an extra $5. Ray has a wait from 3 to sometime 4 or 5 weeks. Check out his site at Lobo gun Leather.

Later.....

F.Y.I.: As of now Ray only makes Taurus holster's for the Md.85, PT92, and the PT709.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I just checked out his website, and it is awesome!

Ray is a real craftsman. :thumb:

Reactions: TLG1
1 - 9 of 9 Posts