Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In one of my other posts, I mentioned a couple of holster vendors - Gunner's Custom and Cleveland Kydex. Out of those two, and others and I looked at and got opinions on, I decided to try the Gunner's. Got it today and have been wearing it around the house.

Pros - So far it rides fine. You can adjust the cant of the holster but not the ride height. For me the right height is comparable to other holsters I have for other guns that do have adjustment. No complaints there.
The holster attaches to your belt with a steel clip, which also allows for tucking in a shirt. This is the first tuckable holster I've owned so we'll see if that comes in handy. I typically prefer untucked when carrying, but at least this gives you the option.
The fit and finish are good. The color was no extra charge. There were other colors to choose from as well.
The steel clip holds the holster firmly in place on your belt. The holster stayed put with numerous casual and fast draws. The fast draws were typical of those one might employ in a defensive situation. The steel clip also allows for easy on/off.
Ready to ship. $45.

Cons - Sort of. The holster does not have adjustable retention. I would prefer that it did, but this vendor says he molds his holsters to the specific gun, not the blue gun, and tests each one to make sure the retention is good. I was willing to take him at his word. I can attest the retention is very good on the holster and is set to pretty close, if not dead on, to what I call the sweet spot - tight enough to hold the gun securely during normal activities, but not so tight it inhibits your draw. The gun also stayed completely secure during a couple of run and jump drills I went through. That would be a pro, not a con. :cool:

Just FYI for anyone that may need a decent holster for their new, or old PT111 G2.

IMG_2794a.JPG IMG_2795a.JPG IMG_2796a.JPG IMG_2797a.JPG IMG_2798a.JPG

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Good report on your new holster. Looks/sounds like a good one! :thumb:

·
Registered
431 Posts
Ive been thinking about one of these. Can you take a picture of the muzzle end of the holster with the G2 inserted? I would like to see how tall the front sight channel is.Thanks

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ive been thinking about one of these. Can you take a picture of the muzzle end of the holster with the G2 inserted? I would like to see how tall the front sight channel is.Thanks
I'll try to get a pic posted today or tomorrow. The vendor does state he leaves a little extra room in the sight channel and looking in the holster with the gun fully inserted there is plenty of room.

Reactions: dowby77

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Looks like a nice holster. I still prefer leather though...

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here are the pics with the gun in the holster viewed from the business end - per the request of dowby77.

IMG_2807a.JPG IMG_2803a.JPG IMG_2804a.JPG

1 - 12 of 12 Posts