1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
911 Posts
I would never buy any universa holster UNLESS I had a huge collection of pistols and wanted a holster I could bring to the range and use there. Never would I carry with it. Now where near enough retention for actual carry use.

I like full coverage of the slide inside the holster. Unless you want holes worn in your pants or possible scratching the hell out of a leather seat, car door, the gun, etc. I seen no reason to use any "partial" holster design. It's just half assed design to me.

·
Super Moderator
20,013 Posts
Since you’re a fellow TAer I’ll let you in on a little secret. All kydex holsters can be re-formed (custom fit) with a hair dryer/heat gun and only takes a few minutes.

First holster I ever bought was a Crossbreed Mini-tuck (IWB) for my PT-140. I then used it for every other handgun I carried. If you put a larger gun in it it does, indeed, stretch a tad. To carry any smaller gun after a large gun just put the gun in and heat up the kydex and re-form it to the smaller gun.

Reactions: h20joe

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Since you’re a fellow TAer I’ll let you in on a little secret. All kydex holsters can be re-formed (custom fit) with a hair dryer/heat gun and only takes a few minutes.

First holster I ever bought was a Crossbreed Mini-tuck (IWB) for my PT-140. I then used it for every other handgun I carried. If you put a larger gun in it it does, indeed, stretch a tad. To carry any smaller gun after a large gun just put the gun in and heat up the kydex and re-form it to the smaller gun.
Learn something new everyday. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
I actually really like this. My go-to holster right now is a leather one I got from a member here in the PIF thread. It's much the same design as this but without the size adjustability. You'd be surprised at the retention of it. I've said it before and I'll say it again: it stays in the holster whether my pants are around my waist or my ankles :D I'd imagine this one would be just as good or better being that it's of a less "harsh" material than leather as far as causing any holster wear and I've yet to have any comfort issues or anything like that.

Reactions: rhuber
1 - 10 of 10 Posts