Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I am new to this forum. I am a teacher and from central Ohio. I recently bought a Taurus 9mm, PT111 Pro, and plan to use it when I take concealed-carry classes in the summer. I have been very impressed so far with the quality (no jams, etc), although I am still getting used to the sights. My brother bought the same gun, and my dad is going to get one soon, and we are going to take classes together this summer. My dad has a Glock 9mm which he could use for concealed-carry, but the lack of mechanical safety worries him (plus he likes my Taurus!).

David

PS- Does anybody else have magazines that have a yellow tip on them? The photo shows what I mean. Not that I mind yellow, but I haven't seen any other Taurus mags that look like this.

·
32,566 Posts
Welcome to the forum from a PT111 Mil/pro owner to another. Never saw yellow followers like that. What a novelty as far as I am concerned. My pistol has standard three white dots. The old two on the back sight and one one the front sight. Of course this is a older one of the 3rd generation. We do have a PT111 fan club here so feel free to jump in anywhere. If you'll notice, there are a lot of new arrivals that need to get used to the PT111 Mil/pros's characteristics and idiosyncrasies. That's just part of getting used to a type. All pistols like cars have their own personalities and quirks. Even if it is the same type or model. Reading the FAQs might be useful for some data you might not have. Enjoy your time here.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Welcome to the forum, David. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi there, just so you won't feel alone, I just received my PT 111 Pro 9mm and the followers are also bright yellow! Glad I read your post, so I know that it may be normal?!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Welcome abord! I have a PT111. Same yellow followers on the magazines that came with the gun. I purchased anther magazine (Taurus) with the gun, but that one came with black ones.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
When I bought my PT 92 (B) in January, 07 it came wth two magazines. I ordered a third one. All have yellow followers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts