Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I am happy owner of a Taurus PT 24/7 Pro chambered to .40cal. I have had it for few months now and fired around 500rounds through it. So far no FTF or FTE even with the cheapest Walmart ammo I could find! I really like the gun and would like to do few mods to it. I would like your advice on few things;

1; I want to replace the plastic guide rod with steel guide rod to improve reliability and accuracy. Quick search brought me on to TCSgunshop.com where I saw their steel guide rod LINK--> http://www.tcsgunshop.com/joomla/index.php/products-we-manufacture/ I would like to know from those who have the TCS steel rod if there are any fitment issues of the TCS rod and how do you like it.

2; GRIPS! The biggest flaw of the PT 24/7Pro are those stupid ribbed grips. The ribs started to disintegrate after I put 200rounds through it. I solved the issue by taking the grips off the pistol. It handles OK without grips, BUT I would like to find grips which would work on the Taurus, would fit like factory grips and wouldn't have the idiotic ribbs... I tried searching and the grips for PT 24/7 Pro are harder to find than a unicorn...

3; Sights. The stock Heinie sights are OK, but I would like to upgrade to night sights. This is my only and primary weapon for carry and home defense and I would like to have sights on it which are easily visible under any conditions.

Lastly are there any other issues with the PT 24/7Pro I should know about?

Please let me know your thoughts!

Thanks,

Tony

·
Super Moderator
35,575 Posts
Hey Tony, welcome to the forum from Northern Illinois! I have the PT145 with solid rubber grips and stock everything. I seem to have heard of people who buy a particular airsoft pistol and that the grips off those will fit the 24/7. Someone else will come along about that or search "airsoft" for the history on it. I have grown to like the Heine sights for fast target acquisition and have them as OEM on my PT145 and PT`1911. Some folks have used luminous dots or paint to light them up. There are also Firesights to fit them which can work in low light.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Tony, welcome to the forum from Northern Illinois! I have the PT145 with solid rubber grips and stock everything. I seem to have heard of people who buy a particular airsoft pistol and that the grips off those will fit the 24/7. Someone else will come along about that or search "airsoft" for the history on it. I have grown to like the Heine sights for fast target acquisition and have them as OEM on my PT145 and PT`1911. Some folks have used luminous dots or paint to light them up. There are also Firesights to fit them which can work in low light.
Yes I have stumbled upon the whole airsoft pistol grip thing... I am not too fond... I find it hard to believe that grips from cheap airsoft gun would work well or would last. I like to fire my pistol any chance I get at the range or in the desert out here in AZ.

Is there any significance to your name "Czechbikr"?

·
Banned
3,798 Posts
Hello from Piqua Ohio.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Welcome from East Texas to the best gun forum on the internet.

I think I saw on here somewhere where someone used a bicycle inner tube to make some. I can't remember if is was for a 24/7 or not though.

·
Super Moderator
35,575 Posts
Is there any significance to your name "Czechbikr"?
I'm half Czech and have been known to ride medium to long distances on bicycle trips.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
We are always pleased to welcome another new member into the fold!

In no time at all, you will realize that TaurusArmed.net literally abounds with knowledgeable and friendly folks who are most willing to share their handgun wisdom and experiences.

Feel free to jump right in and make your own contributions and help us make a good forum even better!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm half Czech and have been known to ride medium to long distances on bicycle trips.
I thought there is resemblence there. I asked because I am from Czech Republic and grew up back there.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome from East Texas to the best gun forum on the internet.

I think I saw on here somewhere where someone used a bicycle inner tube to make some. I can't remember if is was for a 24/7 or not though.
Now that sounds straight up ghetto...LOL

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Welcome from Fort Worth, Texas where the West Begins...good luck on the grips and sights..

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Welcome from New Mexico, be sure to check out the "Sticky" threads in each section. There is a lot of good information in them.

·
Registered
29,846 Posts
Welcome aboard from Florida the "GunShine" state.

If your gun has been 100% reliable for over 500 rounds, why do you need to install a stainless steel guide rod to "improve reliability?

If it works don't fix it seems to fit in here.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Welcome from North Texas! :wave: Glad to have you on one of the best forums around!!!

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Welcome from East Texas.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Welcome from Kentucky!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts