1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just bought a Raging Judge Mag
Model – 513SS6
Ser# -- E0 37xxxx

Got the weapon home. Cleaned and headed out to punch holes in targets.
First round- miss fire, pull round fire pin strike mark hit the edge of primer.
Many test rounds tested- I pulled bullets and dumped lead and powder out of shot shells and 454 ammo.
When hammer is pulled back to the cocked position. Single action firing
The cylinder lacks turning / indexing nextshell 1/8[SUP]th[/SUP] of an inch to lock up causing a miss fire.
But when fired double action, the cylinder locks up ok, looks like there is enough force and speed with double action to carry cylinder on over to locked position.
Looks like the indexing pawl or it’s mating star on cylinder are the issue. When cylinder is locked up primer fires .
I selected this weapon-- I spend many hours in the woods here in TN, with packs of wild dogs { 4 legged type} running the hills, and meth heads cooking their drugs, along with many snakes that will put you in the hospital, having a 410 along with a 454 ready is the ideal lifesaving combo.
Just buying a weapon to do an important job and have it failing right out off the starting line- so the same day I get it home- FedEx has it now and it is on its way back to Miami to Taurus. { Almost a 2 hour drive back to dealer oneway } .
Anyone else have this issue ?
Did Taurus fix it the first time?
Rusty
Updates
See post # 18 & 19 page 2 - Gun back from Taurus C/S
See post #22 page 3 -- Operational Test

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
I don't own a Judge, but there are many on here who do. Taurus will make it right.

Welcome from East Texas to the best gun forum on the internet.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Welcome from SE Alabama and I'm sure you will find the customer service from Taurus to be excellent.
forrest.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So far customer service they have been concerned and overboard in getting this fixed. I hope I can agree with you all after the gun is back and performing like it should. First impressions are hard to change. But a bad apple makes it out every now and then so we { friends & hunting buds } will see how Taurus does.

I don't own a Judge, but there are many on here who do. Taurus will make it right.

Welcome from East Texas to the best gun forum on the internet.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Sorry about your issue, Taurus will fix or replace your gun. And welcome from New Mexico.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Sorry to hear of your problem with yours, Theemule.

Sad that we both ended up members here because of a bad problem with a brand new Raging Judge....
but at least it brought us into a group of nice people.

I hope your issue gets resolved quickly, and that we both end up satisfied with our new 'BIG bada boomers.' after a shaky start.

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
Welcome to the forum and I do hope that they are able to take care of your issues. When you do get it up and running please do a range report as I'm thinking of getting one for my next gun.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
A big Mississippi welcome to you!

Whether you’re seeking info on Taurus pistols and revolvers, reloading tips, concealed carry suggestions, general handgun safety and handling, or you want to jump in and make a contribution to any of our various sections, you have certainly come to the right place.

Sorry that you had issues with your new Judge, but I can assure you that Taurus will do right by you.

I returned a 16-month-old TCP PT738 to Taurus warranty service earlier this year and they replaced the pistol.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for the welcome aboards,
All thepositive talk about Taurus’s CS is reassuring; I’ll update the post as I hearback from them .

·
Registered
34,138 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! Taurus will make it right. Thanks for letting us know about your issues and please let us hear how it turns out!

·
Super Moderator
21,442 Posts
Welcome I'm in Mid TN myself, Taurus will make it right and you have picked one of the better lines that Taurus makes. Sorry you had a problem but hang in there and stick around and get to know us we are a friendly bunch With whatever you shoot.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
A hearty welcome from North Texas! Sorry to hear about your problem! That line is the one with the fewest issues and is one of Taurus' premier products. They will definitely make it right. I had an issue with my PT140 and they picked it up, repaired it and returned it in 6 days. I hope you have a similar experience with your gun.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Welcome from Kentucky! Sorry to hear about your problems. I have a "regular" Judge and havent had a single issue, except with bad ammo, not the guns problem. Give Taurus a chance to fix and you will be happy with your choice

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Welcome from Maine. Taurus will make it right and have you smiling again within 14 days.

14 days seems to be the longest for simple part replacement type repairs on current model firearms.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Man, I know your disappointed, there's always a bad nut laying on the ground somewhere, and I guess you got it!! I'm sure Taurus will fix it up for you and soon it will be "just" a bump in the road for you!!! OH, I almost forgot...Welcome from Fort Worth, Texas and have a Happy New Year!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Happy & A Prosperous New Year to all of you and yours!
And to all the Veterans out there – Thank You!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Concerned about return shipping and someone being home to sign for the wepon; I called Taurus C/S, They tell me the my pistol is repaired and I should have it back tomarrow! They said they fixed the timeing.- Damn fast turn around giving the New year and all 4 days and two of them the weekend. I'll update the post when it gets here and check her out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Back from the shop.

Just unpacked her, and checked her out, the cylinder lock up is as tight as a tick in a coon hound!!!! :)
headed out to the hills in the morning for a funtional test. It is already 120% better then what it was.

Reactions: sparks9293

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Welcome from NW Ohio. Good to hear they got you back up and running.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts