Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey -- I'm looking around at a couple things, and was curious...

Are the ProMag Mags any good on the MilPro's? I know, they can be a real crapshoot, on some guns... My wife wants some spares for her PT-111Pro (Her Primary Carry), for rangetime. @ $40/pop, the OEM mags aren't very attractive for that purpose.

Also, she has a heckuva time loading her 111 12rd mags. She can load my 140 10rd's OK, and, any of our other firearms. I'll admit, it is strangely difficult to load. Are the 10rd mags any easier on that front?

Was also wondering, are night sights available, that anyone knows of, for the MilPro's? (e.g. 111/140/145) I've googled the heck out of it, and, I'm coming up empty...

Anyhow, nice place y'all have here :)

·
32,788 Posts
Would go with the Mec-gar magazines instead. This company has an excellent track record and makes magazines for quite a few of the gun companies for their makes and models. Ajax Grips and www.cdnnsports.com should have them in stock. Midway USA or www.jgsales.com could be other sources for both calibers for Mec-gars. I do have Pro mags and they do work for my Rugers. Use them for shooting competitions with. I just trust Mec-gar's quality a little more for defense.

·
Registered
790 Posts
You're right about the ProMags....they are a crapshoot. I bought one for my Kel Tec P11 and it works great. Bought two of them for my little Taurus PT22 and they don't work worth squat. I would suspect the larger caliber mags will probably work better, but Quiks is right, the MecGars are always a good choice. Also check with GunClipDepot on line, they have a big selection as well.
http://www.gunclips.net/

·
Registered
42 Posts
I agree with mike and qwiks with the mags. As for sights; if your mil pro sights are not dovetailed then check out williams fire sights. They sell a set of fiber optic sights for the older mil pros without the dovetailed sights.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I got a hk 940 loader today, fo my pt-111 12rnd mags, it works ok,still have to push down on the top round a little to get the next one in. My mags have gotten much easier with time and use. they were a real pain at first. oem mags are 32-35 on gunbroker, i wish i could afford to buy a couple extras

1 - 5 of 5 Posts