Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here, new to Taurus. Im a CCW permit holder for 3 years now but my love of guns goes way back. I currently have a Keltec P3AT that is my primary carry weapon and have just purchased a Taurus PT140 Pro this afternoon. Ill be headed over to the CCW section for some clarification regarding my PT140 which was sold to me as DAO (brand new, from reputable, in person dealer)but upon further familiarity with it once I got it home, turned out to be SA/DA. Im kind of not happy. I prefer DAO 100/1, and my intent was the purchase of the DAO model.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Hello and welcome from Southeast Tennessee;; I don't blame you for being POd I would rather have a D/A
myself. I wish I could change my PT709 to D/A but you can't..

·
Registered
31,893 Posts
Welcome from Lubbock, TX. Unfortunately, there are folks who work at gun counters who do not know the inventory properly and are not that knowledgeable about guns. Try to fight the urge to buy a gun unless you are familiar with it or have read up on it first.

It has been over three years since Taurus made the Mil-pros in DAO, maybe longer on some models.

·
Super Moderator
36,002 Posts
Welcome from Northern Illinois!

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Welcome from New Mexico.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome from Lubbock, TX. Unfortunately, there are folks who work at gun counters who do not know the inventory properly and are not that knowledgeable about guns. Try to fight the urge to buy a gun unless you are familiar with it or have read up on it first.

It has been over three years since Taurus made the Mil-pros in DAO, maybe longer on some models.
I had just found this site tonight. I had researched the Mil Pro series to the best of my abilities for about a week and couldnt find any conclusive answer as to which models were DAO and which were SA/DA. So tonight I actually manually googled "taurus forum" instead of the model name of the gun and found this already helpful site. I wish I had used that generic of a search term before where as previously I was being too specific and a link to this site never came up. There it is though, right in the stickies of the Mil Pro section, how to identify which generation I have.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Hello from Mississippi!

When I acquired my first Taurus semiautomatic pistol on a trade at a local gun show in January of 2010, I also came across this forum while surfing the web for information on my new PT138 Millennium Pro.

I can tell you that, through the years, there have been many ways I’ve spent some of my leisure time. The hours I’ve spent here with the friendly and knowledgeable guys and gals of TaurusArmed.net, are some of the most enjoyable and beneficial leisure hours I’ve spent in many moons.

The neat thing about your PT140 SA/DA is that, if for some reason, a cartridge doesn't fire when you pull the trigger in SA, the gun will reset to DA and allow you to pull the trigger again for a second chance to set the round off.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Welcome aboard from the KY, Horse Country!!

Be sure to check out the Sticky's in each section, and FAQ !!!

You might be able to find a California model, that if I remember right would be DAO?

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Welcome from Fort Worth, Texas where the West Begins..

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Welcome from the Rust Belt USA.....

1.1 USA.gif

·
Registered
34,137 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Jacksonville, FL!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts