Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently got a PT709 and was wondering what types of accessories should I get? I have already purchased a grip extension but i was wondering if there were any extended mags and what the best laser site is.

·
Super Moderator
40,583 Posts
from the Florida Keys! :wave:

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
First of all, welcome to the forum from North Texas! :wave: I don't believe there are any extended mags for the 700 series pistols. As for lasers, I'm not familiar with their availability. The 709 is a concealed carry weapon for deep concealment. It can be carried as a stand-alone weapon, but is usually used as a backup.

If you want extended magazines, you will need to try the 24/7 G2 series pistols; the G2 compact can use both the short magazine and and a standard magazine with a spacer.

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
Welcome from Lapeer,Michigan.:wave:

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Greetings from the Magnolia State!

We have many interesting areas of discussion going on here, so pick one that suits your interests and jump right in with both feet.

I'm sure you will be very pleased with your decision to buy the PT709 Slim. I have a PT740 and it is my favorite handgun for concealed carry.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Welcome from East Texas to the best gun forum on the internet.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from Central IA

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
I just recently got a PT709 and was wondering what types of accessories should I get? I have already purchased a grip extension but i was wondering if there were any extended mags and what the best laser site is.
Both LaserLyte and Crimson Trace have lasers for the PT709. In the reviews elsewhere here, the Crimson Trace is the preferred laser, but tha laserLyte is much less expensive, and works in a standard holster.

http://www.laserlyte.com/pages/rl-tshttp://files.laserlyte.com/download/graphics/images/Sell-Sheets/LLS Spec Sheets/RL-TS.pdf

RL-TS_ANG.jpg

Laser Sight and Holster for Taurus Slim LG-447 | Crimson Trace Lasergrips

LG-447H_CLASSIC.jpg

LG-447_CLASSIC_42.jpg

Laser Sight for Taurus Slim LG-407 | Crimson Trace Lasergrips

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Welcome from the Rust Belt USA....

1.1 USA.gif

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Welcome from New Mexico.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Hello from Eastern Washington.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Welcom, fro West, KY.

Holsters are always an important item. I had a 709 and used an Uncle Milke's Ankle Holster, ACE Tuckable IWB, and a pocket holster depending on what I was wearing and doing that day. The 709 is a great weapon. Mine was very accurate and reliable.

·
Administrator
40,097 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :wave:

·
Registered
29,777 Posts
Welcome form north Texas!

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Welcome to TA the best source for information and entertainment... I really enjoy my 709 and is my primary carry due to the warm weather in TEXAS.. the best Accessories you can't have too much of is mags and ammo.... FMJ and Critical defense... practice with them both and enjoy. I have a couple of mags with the pinky extensions but only use them at the range. The extended mag issue has been an on again off again conversation for the last 2 years, to date there are no extended mags avail from anyone. I carry my 709 in either the uncle mikes #36 IWB or the Blackhawk #4 in my pocket. I have pretty good sized paws so I dont have any issues with the recoil. But, and Not to get personal, if the little beast tends to bite.. you can use a chunk of bike inner tube to slip over the grips...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts