Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well, My range trip is off for a few days.... My wife's brother passed away yesterday morning and I won't
be able to get to the range till next week sometime.
leadhead
Well, My range trip is off for a few days.... My wife's brother passed away yesterday morning and I won't
be able to get to the range till next week sometime.
leadhead
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Family always first.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the replies..... I got to my buddies range today and put 150 rounds thru the new GX4.
50 rds of Fiocchi 115 gr FMJ and 100 rds of my cast reloads. Didn't have one malfunction.
My cast loads consisted of Lee 125 gr RNFP over 3.6 grs of Titegroup and Lee 125 gr RN over
3.4 grs of Win 231. It took a few rds to get used to the trigger pull, but the accuracy was very
good. This will be my new CC gun. I'll be going back to the range over the weekend for more fun.
leadhead

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Put another 100 rounds thru the GX4 today with no problems.....
It seems the more I shoot it, the better it shoots. I tried the
large back strap as I have large hands the first time I shot it,
but changed to the smaller one today and it seemed to fit and
feel better in my hand. Now it's back to the loading bench.
leadhead

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
Thanks for the replies..... I got to my buddies range today and put 150 rounds thru the new GX4.
50 rds of Fiocchi 115 gr FMJ and 100 rds of my cast reloads. Didn't have one malfunction.
My cast loads consisted of Lee 125 gr RNFP over 3.6 grs of Titegroup and Lee 125 gr RN over
3.4 grs of Win 231. It took a few rds to get used to the trigger pull, but the accuracy was very
good. This will be my new CC gun. I'll be going back to the range over the weekend for more fun.
leadhead
Good show! Got any pictures?

·
Supporting SuperModerator
16,283 Posts
No pics!

No proof!

You Must Assimilate!

Nose Hair Head Chin Hairstyle

·
Registered
58 Posts
I went yesterday to my LGS to pick up an item I had ordered, and while there I saw a Taurus GX4 and asked to see it. The GX4 fits my hand like a glove and looks really nice. My only complaint was the trigger, it felt really heavy. Now honestly I didn't dry fire it, but I did rack the slide and put pressure on the trigger, enough pressure to easily set off my G3c. I really like Taurus's new offering and I'm giving serious thought to buying one, but the trigger has me second guessing my decision.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The trigger feels really heavy, but it's really not. When you shoot it, it doesn't feel that heavy.
There's no creep. it just hits that wall, and then bang. It's hard to explain till you shoot it.
My buddy checked mine with a Lyman trigger scale and it was just over 5 pounds. Perfect
for a carry gun.
leadhead

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ask them if you can dry fire it......... It doesn't hurt the gun to do this.
Try it a few times and then decide if you like it. I love mine, and the more
I shoot it, the better I like it. Let us know if you get it.
leadhead

1 - 20 of 24 Posts