Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Undecided at this point Taurus Gx4 OR Ruger MAX 9 .Looking for comparison size,accuracy and dependability .Not giving up my G3C my opinion one of Taurus greatest designs so far !

·
Registered
116 Posts
Undecided at this point Taurus Gx4 OR Ruger MAX 9 .Looking for comparison size,accuracy and dependability .Not giving up my G3C my opinion one of Taurus greatest designs so far !
I had both the GX4 shot better for me and is much easier to carry. I sold the Ruger Max.

·
Registered
306 Posts
@MARINEDIVISIONTWO

The Max 9 looks nice, but it doesn't at the same time. I love my GX4s. So much so, that I have two now.

I also should mention, that the pinky extensions you seek are available for $4.99 a piece, not bad at all. Yes, Taurus should have included one or two, but they're cheap. ALSO, spare RSAs for the GX4 are only $9.99, same sight. I bought two of those, as well. I have 5 magazines now across the two guns, all wearing pinky extensions.

The GX4 took the couple small things that broke my heart over the P365 just not getting right, and made them right. The additional backstrap, to me, is wiser than Optics mounts on tiny CCW guns. The larger back strap is very comfortable, but too bulky for my hand regularly shooting. The normal size it comes with installed is excellent, and fixed that P365 issue for me without making the gun actually larger.

My ONLY gripe with the GX4, initially was the tendency to shoot left. I realized, as it almost always is, is that it's me. The trigger is shorter and heavier than I'm used to from any gun. I'm dry firing a bit each day, and I'm sure I'll start tightening the group up.

·
Premium Member
5,506 Posts
@MARINEDIVISIONTWO

The Max 9 looks nice, but it doesn't at the same time. I love my GX4s. So much so, that I have two now.

I also should mention, that the pinky extensions you seek are available for $4.99 a piece, not bad at all. Yes, Taurus should have included one or two, but they're cheap. ALSO, spare RSAs for the GX4 are only $9.99, same sight. I bought two of those, as well. I have 5 magazines now across the two guns, all wearing pinky extensions.

The GX4 took the couple small things that broke my heart over the P365 just not getting right, and made them right. The additional backstrap, to me, is wiser than Optics mounts on tiny CCW guns. The larger back strap is very comfortable, but too bulky for my hand regularly shooting. The normal size it comes with installed is excellent, and fixed that P365 issue for me without making the gun actually larger.

My ONLY gripe with the GX4, initially was the tendency to shoot left. I realized, as it almost always is, is that it's me. The trigger is shorter and heavier than I'm used to from any gun. I'm dry firing a bit each day, and I'm sure I'll start tightening the group up.
Ah, the new GX44 (or is that GX8)!

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Instead of pinky extensions ..Id lean toward the +2 base plate/spring.. I ordered two 13rd mags

·
Vendor
867 Posts
I tried out the Magguts P365 springs in the Taurus GX4 mags. The P365 follower is a little wider, so the follower won't come to the top and function on the last round without modification. I didn't thin the follower out to try it, as I still want to play with them in the P365. I think both versions allowed one extra round in the Taurus mags. They are +2 in the Sig, but have custom base plates that lower the springs a bit more than the Sig bases. Just playing around....

·
Registered
567 Posts
I own a few extended mags for various firearms, but they never get used. I typically carry without, but I'm much more likely to carry pinky extensions.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts