Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Own G3C and GX4
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a GX4 from Bass Pro last week. Unfortunately the pistol is malfunctioning. It will fire the first round but won't fire the second. If I rack the slide it will spit out the second round and will fire the 3rd but won't fire the fourth and so on. Seems to feeding properly but wont fire semi auto. Basically I have to rack slide every time to get to fire. I field cleaned it and tried different rounds still malfunctioning. Didn't remove striker. I was hoping I could fix the issue myself. Taurus said it could to take up to month if I send it back. Not thrilled having to send my brand new gun back bad out of box. Any suggestions? Has anyone else had this issue?

·
Registered
65 Posts
i know Academy will not and you sign off on that at purchase , but Bass pro might on a week old gun -------(my bad out the box tx 22 took a mere 17 weeks to get back ! )---------
Were you one of the first to buy the TX-22? If I am correct, the big issues were with the initial batch of barrels? I could def be wrong and regardless, 17 weeks is too long!

·
Registered
564 Posts
yes early one, bad barrel and bad mags . tried to work with it ,but after a out of battery explosion that burned my hand
i got scared of it ,and sent it in ----------

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
I just purchased a GX4 from Bass Pro last week. Unfortunately the pistol is malfunctioning. It will fire the first round but won't fire the second. If I rack the slide it will spit out the second round and will fire the 3rd but won't fire the fourth and so on. Seems to feeding properly but wont fire semi auto. Basically I have to rack slide every time to get to fire. I field cleaned it and tried different rounds still malfunctioning. Didn't remove striker. I was hoping I could fix the issue myself. Taurus said it could to take up to month if I send it back. Not thrilled having to send my brand new gun back bad out of box. Any suggestions? Has anyone else had this issue?
I would try pulling the striker out and giving it a good cleaning. You never know what kind of production schmoo got in there ans slipped past QC. There might even be a burr or something in there that could mess it all up. I'd have a look under the hood before I give up and send it back to the mothership.

Ymmv, good luck.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37,712 Posts
Think they will give the money back? Academy won't, but they handle the return to Taurus and calling you when Taurus sends back. Sucks to hear about your GX4, best of luck.
MOST gun dealers will NOT take back a weapon once it has been logged out (4473) to a buyer!
its in reality a used pistol at that point IF they take it back, same with a car once the bill of sale or transfer is completed.
I mean how would you feel as a buyer of a new gun and then find out that it was sold and then repaired and resold as new?

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Take a close look at it. Is the slide going all the way forward after it racks the next round?
I had a G2C that would stop about a quarter inch short of being fully "in battery". That was just enough to keep it from firing the next round.
If that's your problem, we have suggestions to fix it.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Were you one of the first to buy the TX-22? If I am correct, the big issues were with the initial batch of barrels? I could def be wrong and regardless, 17 weeks is too long!
Taurus had to have known about those bad barrels. They probably figured it was less costly to repair the few that customers would send back to CS than to recall the whole lot of them.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
MOST gun dealers will NOT take back a weapon once it has been logged out (4473) to a buyer!
its in reality a used pistol at that point IF they take it back, same with a car once the bill of sale or transfer is completed.
I mean how would you feel as a buyer of a new gun and then find out that it was sold and then repaired and resold as new?
No way Jose.

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
73 Posts
First of all, sorry for your frustrations. But before you even go thinking about returning it, I would try and find out myself what the issue is. It could be minor. I do not know anything about you or your knowledge so just thinking of some possibilities of why. Could you be riding the slide? Limp wristing? Does the second round primer have a primer strike? As one poster mentioned, you can easily take down the gun and see if there is indeed some kind of crude in the striker channel. A Good time to check out the striker and spring etc. There has to be a reason this is happening and we do not know at this point what it is. It is hard to tell without actually seeing the gun. It might be the ammo. What are you using?
No company or dealer will take back the gun once the transfer is made. Manufactuers will repair the gun if there is a issue or in worst case scenario replace the gun and give you a new serial number.
I am interested in seeing what the issue is. I hope you stay in touch. If I had a issue like that, my gun smith would look at it free of charge and give some advice and go from there. Perhaps you know someone.

·
Registered
Own G3C and GX4
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
take it back to Bass pro AND GET YOUR MONEY BACK or exchange it ( if you know your ammo choice is good )--avoid sending it back to the`black hole` of TAURUS CS -------------
I'm pretty sure there's a no return policy for firearms at Bass Pro. I'll call them today to find out for sure though. Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
Own G3C and GX4
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i know Academy will not and you sign off on that at purchase , but Bass pro might on a week old gun -------(my bad out the box tx 22 took a mere 17 weeks to get back ! )---------
Wow! I hope that's not the case with this gx4. I'm going to contact Bass Pro today. Pretty sure they have no return policy but maybe they will exchange. I have a feeling I'm going to have to send it to Taurus.

·
Registered
Own G3C and GX4
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry to hear you’re having issues with your new GX4

I’m surprised Taurus said it would take a month. I’ve been reading that recent dealings with Customer Service involved about a two week turnaround.
They didn't say it would take a month. She just warned me that it could take "up to" a month. Disappointing considering I just purchased it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
First of all, sorry for your frustrations. But before you even go thinking about returning it, I would try and find out myself what the issue is. It could be minor. I do not know anything about you or your knowledge so just thinking of some possibilities of why. Could you be riding the slide? Limp wristing? Does the second round primer have a primer strike? As one poster mentioned, you can easily take down the gun and see if there is indeed some kind of crude in the striker channel. A Good time to check out the striker and spring etc. There has to be a reason this is happening and we do not know at this point what it is. It is hard to tell without actually seeing the gun. It might be the ammo. What are you using?
No company or dealer will take back the gun once the transfer is made. Manufactuers will repair the gun if there is a issue or in worst case scenario replace the gun and give you a new serial number.
I am interested in seeing what the issue is. I hope you stay in touch. If I had a issue like that, my gun smith would look at it free of charge and give some advice and go from there. Perhaps you know someone.

Facts! I self discovered that I was riding the slide on my GX4. I self corrected and no more issues in nearly 250 rounds. Looking forward to putting in another 100-150 trouble free rounds through it this weekend.

·
Registered
564 Posts
take it back to Bass pro AND GET YOUR MONEY BACK or exchange it -----------i was probably wrong about big box
returns i swear i have returned several C & R rifles in the pass that were no good when i had a c&r ffl --
good luck with it

did shoot my stock g2c today ,and it was flawless and accurate as usual ...........

Cat Felidae Carnivore Small to medium-sized cats Organism

Reactions: Jackfish2021

·
Registered
73 Posts
Fees, Taxes, Shipping & Returns

• If your state or local jurisdiction imposes additional fees (i.e. background check fee, etc.) you will be responsible for these at the time of pick-up.
  • You are only permitted to purchase firearms that are not restricted in the state or jurisdiction where you reside. Handguns must be shipped to a Bass Pro Shops or Cabela’s location within the state where you reside. Long guns (rifles and shotguns) may be shipped to a Bass Pro Shops or Cabela’s location in any state, provided (1) it is legal for you to acquire the firearm in the state where the store is located and (2) it is legal for you to acquire the firearm in the state, county and city where you reside.
  • Please inspect the firearm prior to accepting the transfer while in store.
  • Bass Pro Shops and Cabela’s do not accept returns of any firearms. Please contact the manufacturer directly for assistance.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts