Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all, new guy here, currently making payments on my new 24/7 G2 Compact .40 at a local retailer, will be taking possession of it in a few weeks. been wanting to get a firearm for awhile, the wife and I tossed around pistol vs. shotgun for home defense, decided pistol for the added conceal carry ability, finally got the chance to pick one out on the Saturday before fathers day of this year.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Welcome from StL MO - grats on the pistol choice—the shotgun can come later!! :cool:

·
Super Moderator
38,047 Posts
Congrats on the new pistol and welcome from Northern Illinois! If you are new to shooting/handguns may I suggest that both you and your wife enroll in a gun safety course? It will help to gain familiarity with your new gun and also assist with handling and accuracy.

Reactions: JHPRICE

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
we both plan on taking courses, I have some experience shooting (army basic training), the wife has none so the second magazine we run though it will be all hers :)

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
Welcome from Texas!

Congratulations on your pistol purchase. Put a Mossberg on the home defense list too; you can't go wrong with a HD shotgun.

·
Registered
29,960 Posts
Welcome aboard from Florida the "GunShine" state. :icon_ lala:

State of over "1 MILLION 120 THOUSAND" Concealed Carry Licenses and counting!

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from North Texas! :wave: Congrats on the new pistol! :thumb:

·
Registered
24,949 Posts
Welcome to TA from Minnesota. Good choice for your gun.

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
Welcome from Lapeer,Michigan.

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Welcome from South Tulsa.

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
Hey Chris welcome from West Virginia where almost everybody has guns..:)

·
Registered
7,569 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Daytona Beach, Fl.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Welcome from Almost Heaven, WV!

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Welcome to the forum from northern Michigan!

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Welcome from Kentucky!

·
Super Moderator
40,704 Posts
from the Florida Keys! :wave:​

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
:cool:Welcome from North Fla

jhp

g2 is a great little pistol comes with a lot of packing grease. clean it well clp from walmart is easyest cleaner to find and wont hurt polymer pistols. also mags are pretty tight keep them full when not shooting and leave out 1 till mag has ran 2 or 3 weeks of filling and unfilling to break in springs the lttle gun shoots about any thing so any ammo should run just fine

1 - 20 of 60 Posts